Striker missing a lot of 1-on-1s

In my Dinamo Zagreb save, my striker (Arezo) is missing a fair lot of 1-on-1s. He has been scoring a lot but during games he misses a good amount of chances when through against the keeper.

There has been games where he could of really been the match winner!

Is there anything that could make him score more when 1-on-1? Placing shots? Chance creation/conversion in training?

Yeah 1on1`'s are pointless in this game. No matter who the forward is they miss the overwhelming majority. It happens most years to varying degrees, but it's especially bad in this years ME. It's just something SI either don't see as an issue or are incapable of fixing. 

3 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

Under Review. It's the same for AI as well

Hope they don't tweak it too much (that's if they choose to), finishing was overly good very early on. Even now, good finishers feel very good, would hate it if everyone finished like sharpshooters. Big chances are missed more often than they are scored irl, which is why OPTA rates a big chance at 0.4xg

Quite nice seeing the likes of Mbappe, CR7 and Lewandowski hitting 40 etc a season and standing out. Be interesting to what they do but id almost rather they left it, with more focus on inside forwards running inside more and finishing. Top center forwards already feel lethal as it is

39 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Hope they don't tweak it too much (that's if they choose to), finishing was overly good very early on. Even now, good finishers feel very good, would hate it if everyone finished like sharpshooters. Big chances are missed more often than they are scored irl, which is why OPTA rates a big chance at 0.4xg

Quite nice seeing the likes of Mbappe, CR7 and Lewandowski hitting 40 etc a season and standing out. Be interesting to what they do but id almost rather they left it, with more focus on inside forwards running inside more and finishing. Top center forwards already feel lethal as it is

I would call, 1 vs 1 is way too hard to balance it. Otherwise we will end-up with basketball numbers in scoring. 

9 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Big chances are missed more often than they are scored irl

I don't think that's the problem. I think the problem in the game is that it's so easy to create a lot of good chances and it's the opposite IRL. The ideal solution for me would be to make it more difficult to create chances. 

Most of the time in the game if feels like all the attacking team need is pace and acceleration and it doesn't matter how good your defenders are mentally. If we take the Euros for example Italy lined up with Bonucci and Chiellini who are really slow and most pundit thought it was a terrible idea because of how slow they are but because of how good they are mentally they were rarely caught on the back foot. The only instance I can remember was when Chiellini brought down Saka by pulling his shirt 

15 hours ago, MasterKano said:

Consistency, composure, finishing....

could be any number of things.

It's none of those things.

It's the ME not properly balancing the type of chances it shows for your teams efforts, too many 1v1's are shown in relation the real life so they have to have a high proportion of misses otherwise every game would have huge score lines, Mbappe for me misses a huge amount of 1v1's and we know how good a player he is.

5 hours ago, DarJ said:

I don't think that's the problem. I think the problem in the game is that it's so easy to create a lot of good chances and it's the opposite IRL. The ideal solution for me would be to make it more difficult to create chances. 

Most of the time in the game if feels like all the attacking team need is pace and acceleration and it doesn't matter how good your defenders are mentally. If we take the Euros for example Italy lined up with Bonucci and Chiellini who are really slow and most pundit thought it was a terrible idea because of how slow they are but because of how good they are mentally they were rarely caught on the back foot. The only instance I can remember was when Chiellini brought down Saka by pulling his shirt 

Yeah, in the first release it was way too easy to beat a defensive line with a fast AF. Make midfields a bit more combative, would make lower LOE setups more effective too and increase the viability of the likes of Chiellini

• 5 months later...

If 18 Finishing, 17 Composure, 15 Technique, Placing Shots, very Consistent Vlahovic misses most 1v1s, something is wrong.
I was raging against him before, now I'm starting to rage at the game (because all other types of chances are converted much more easily).