All league tables showing incorrect european qualifiers

\'Appy \'Ammer

In FM20 I adapted and then developed one of @Carlito85's UEFA revival files. It worked well in FM20. I converted the file bit by bit into the FM21 editor and that worked ok. Now, I am having a problem with FM22 version. To save time I copied the file from fm21 and dropped it into the FM22 editor. Everything seemed to be the same. Great ... I thought. I holidayed a save to see if any errors or crashes would occur. It did not crash. The European Cup, UEFA Cup, European Cup WInners Cup, and Super Cup all worked that I have seen (ie pulling the right teams into the right competitions, with one exception that I haven't worked out why yet). 

However what I want to know how to fix is this... Below you can see 2 league screenshots. The first is FM22, and is incorrectly showing loads of teams qualifying for the UEFA Cup. The actual European qualifiers ranged from 1st to 7th that season. The coloured bars from 2nd to 6th, and the UEC's shouldn't be there.

The other screenshot is from FM21 and that just shows a C for the league champions. This file just has the one green bar at the top for the champions. The European qualifiers for that season were 1st to 6th. This works and was the same in my FM20 edited file.

So why is this happening? I literally copied what looks like the same file from FM21 into FM22 editor. I may well have been lazy here by doing it this way, but I cannot see what is different to be causing this issue. 

euro file incorrect qualification info in league table.jpg

euro file CORRECT in fm21.jpg

Edited by \'Appy \'Ammer

Further to this I have just realised that the coloured bars from 2nd to 6th are linked to the info in the rules. I have supplied 2 further screenshots . The first is from FM22 showing info from 1st to 6th and then the relegation places. Strangely 2nd is designated as qualifying for the Cup Winners Cup. This is not how it should be showing things. The second screenshot is from FM21 using my version of the uefa revival file (Fm20 would have been the same). No info is given for european qualification and therefore I don't get all the mess that was showing in the first screen in the opening post above. Can I amend this or do I have to start the whole file from scratch?

european places in league rules.jpg

FM21 places in league rules.jpg

Edited by \'Appy \'Ammer
typo

In FM22 the league table and rules now show which teams are qualifying for continental qualifications. In previous games the continental qualification colour-coding was linked to the domestic league rules in the editor, but it has now been moved to tie in with the continental competition (which is actually better as it works with every nation's domestic league involved in the competition).

As for the Cup Winners Cup appearing higher than the UEFA Cup, it may be a case of needing to move the CWC competition lower in the seedings page (continent > teams).

Thanks I'll take a look later when I'm home. I've struggled to make any inroads with this file since I last posted.

Incidentally @Carlito85do you know why the cup winners Cup never appears in the nation that's allocated to at the start of the editing process? In my case I chose Serbia. The other uefa comps appeared but not the ecwc. I made it active thinking that was the problem, but it still won't appear. That is why I chose to dismantle and rebuild the conference league as the ecwc as that was the only way I could get to do it. 

On 17/01/2022 at 22:06, Carlito85 said:

As for the Cup Winners Cup appearing higher than the UEFA Cup, it may be a case of needing to move the CWC competition lower in the seedings page (continent > teams).

I followed this instruction this evening and whilst it stopped the 2nd place in league being awarded to ECWC, it now appears in the 6th spot instead. Whenever the FA Cup winner is  already in UEFA Cup or European Cup, the position goes to the next available spot in the league. (sorry I've duplicated this problem in another post. Mods - feel free to close it). I don't know how to make it go to the FA Cup runner up instead.

On 20/01/2022 at 13:29, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

Thanks I'll take a look later when I'm home. I've struggled to make any inroads with this file since I last posted.

Incidentally @Carlito85do you know why the cup winners Cup never appears in the nation that's allocated to at the start of the editing process? In my case I chose Serbia. The other uefa comps appeared but not the ecwc. I made it active thinking that was the problem, but it still won't appear. That is why I chose to dismantle and rebuild the conference league as the ecwc as that was the only way I could get to do it. 

Not quite sure mate. If it wasn't showing up it could be for a couple of reasons, the main one that comes to mind being that there's some kind of error in there when grabbing teams from certain nations if their season hasn't finished in time. Had that happen to me on occasion while testing files.

On 24/01/2022 at 22:10, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

I followed this instruction this evening and whilst it stopped the 2nd place in league being awarded to ECWC, it now appears in the 6th spot instead. Whenever the FA Cup winner is  already in UEFA Cup or European Cup, the position goes to the next available spot in the league. (sorry I've duplicated this problem in another post. Mods - feel free to close it). I don't know how to make it go to the FA Cup runner up instead.

I don't think there's an option to set it to go to the runner-up. It's something that works by default in the background as far as I know. If the winner has already qualified for a continental comp through the league then the CWC spot goes to the next-highest league placing by default.

• 2 weeks later...

I have now deduced that the game does not seem to clear previous teams that have qualified for Continental competitions in the past. Over time the final league table can look a bit of a mess. On the plus side the right qualifiers are qualifying , which is good, it just looks a bit of a mess. Is there any way of actually getting the game to 'refresh' and basically clear it's cache of previous qualifiers?

Here are a couple of examples from a save I am currently testing.

ghost qualifiers.jpg

ghost qualifiers 2nd example.jpg

Have seen that in previous cases, and then it disappeared for me. Will have to check in my old files what the difference was there.

Can you check if the correct team plays in next years cup? It almost looks like a setup date error somewhere where due to the date being set you end up with the old qualifiers as well.

Thankfully the teams that qualify for the tournaments are correct. There just seems to be a hangover of qualifiers from the past. These ghost qualifiers have not actually qualified, it just looks plain messy. I have just done a holiday save using the Republic of Ireland, and there was no evidence of this showing. I have seen it happen in Germany and other nations. But as I say, my new competitions work well with the right qualifiers.

• 3 weeks later...