Help needed!

I can't buy a win away from home. 17 played, 6W.6D.5L. goal difference is 19:17. All wins came early in the season when I didn't play this formation. Final third of the season has been shambolic away from home.

What do I do? Totally out of ideas. Seems whatever I try it doesn't do anything good. 

At home this system works great so I have no idea why away it is just a disaster, ruined my season.

20220116211348_1.jpg

Interesting, as I also managed Arsenal and had lot of problems when playing away games.

I was using a 4231 formation with two DMC-s and it was more aggressive than yours.

So, I made an attacking 442, was also an aggressive one and played much better, was getting much more points.

To conclude, you need to make an away tactic with more caution play.

This already is cautios variant, I also use balanced mentality. I removed look for overlap and put lower tempo. At home I use higher tempo and overlap, but I feel it looks better away without. But still, having problems. Maybe I should use some other role instead of BBM next to mezzala. Carillero or BWM, more holding role? 

Few points to note from me -

Lower tempo doesn't seem to be overly effective this year and passing around the CB's just seem to increase. Move it to standard and you should see a few more chances created for very little positive possession lost.

I personally would change your striker to a supporting role, just so the mez & if-a have more room to move into.

Your higher line with much higher engagement really requires elite CB's from what I've found, are Saliba & Kamara good enough to play that way? 

I like your midfield three but they are prone to a counter too. If a mistake is made the BBM and mez (along with be more expressive TI) won't usually be in a position to stop the counter and your DLP will go find the ball, which, at times, can cause issues. I'd suggest changing Rice to maybe DM-D/Anchor/HB.

Your counter doesn't seem to fit the play either. It will, no doubt, cause you to score a few more goals but when you've won the ball back their thought it to support the counter and leave the defensive shape a little more vulnerable.