[FM24] [WIP] Iron Curtain 1988 - If you rebuild it, it will come.

On 04/08/2023 at 06:19, anitamui said:

Thanks for the information

the Hong Kong league have the same rule as well

but the winner of PK got 2 point and the loser 1 point

Implemented.

Hong Kong will have two versions, with these rules and without.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 of the Competition Rules redone since Monday. I have redone them, since they are relatively simple files, but if someone has changed in teams and competition setup, it would edit hell.

The small nation that came from the Around the Globe I will need to update, so those will cost some time though.

I am not unhappy untill now, even though the editor is not that of FM22 level.

The Western European and Asian competition that are in the game in default version have been redone. I have made temporarily versions for Bulgaria, Czechoslovakia and West Germany. I will need to do Hungary, Romania, Yugoslavia, Poland and Soviet Union in temporrarily form and then it is on to the small European nations.

Next 10 days will be about the small nations (I will lose 2 days editing time in that period, unfortunately in the weekend). After that I have two weeks planned of loading in the international competitions and make them game-ready (again missing out on the very usual weekendtime :( )

Early december I hope to start converting the West Germany and East-European files. With some luck, issues with the editor have been fixed (mostly) by the time.

16 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

The Western European and Asian competition that are in the game in default version have been redone. I have made temporarily versions for Bulgaria, Czechoslovakia and West Germany. I will need to do Hungary, Romania, Yugoslavia, Poland and Soviet Union in temporrarily form and then it is on to the small European nations.

Next 10 days will be about the small nations (I will lose 2 days editing time in that period, unfortunately in the weekend). After that I have two weeks planned of loading in the international competitions and make them game-ready (again missing out on the very usual weekendtime :( )

Early december I hope to start converting the West Germany and East-European files. With some luck, issues with the editor have been fixed (mostly) by the time.

I managed to finish the temp files for Hungary, Romania, Yugoslavia, Poland and Soviet Union yesterday as well, so I can fully concentrate on the small nations now. Probably will run a few tests along my editing. Hopefully not (too) much headaches with the small nations. It does give me much more appreciation for the @DaveTheEditor's work now I have to redo it in FM24 :)

In the meantime I have set up the Advanced Rules for Andorra, Cyprus, Faroe Islands and Gibraltar. You might think, that goes quicker than expected, but there are some speedbumps on the road.

While the files for Andorra, Cyprus and Faroe Islands are verified, the game gives teamcount errors. That should be fixable, although the cups can give a bit of a headache there.

Gibraltar is another issue. The team count for the Intermediate League gives an error that one team can't be found. I know WHICH team, but I don't know yet why.

And this is exactly why I planned a bit more time :)

In the meantime Luxembourg, Malta and San Marino have been set up in Advanced Rules as well. Again with the caveat that they verify, but give errors in the loading screen (red triangles with teams missing).

I have fixed San Marino now. Malta is next.

Faroe Islands is now running in the game as well.

Malta, Luxembourg and Gibraltar are more resilient against my fixing powers than expected. Cups are causing the issue, as expected/feared.

I will give Cyprus and Andorra a shot and then call it a day for today.

Edit: Cyprus is done and works in game now.
Edit2: Andorra runs into the same issue as Malta, Luxembourg and Gibraltar. Cupteam counts that do weird things.

I have managed to fix Andorra and Gibraltar with some minor cheating today, using the workings of the editor to help me verify the files. They will need to be tested extensively, and might need a minor fix when SI releases fixes, but I can use them in game right now for testing.

Cyprus and Luxembourg may end up a bit harder, but I will throw everything and the sink at it tonight.

On 16/11/2023 at 17:08, Wolf_pd said:

Cyprus and Luxembourg may end up a bit harder, but I will throw everything and the sink at it tonight.

I meant Malta and Luxembourg, because Cyprus already worked.

Anyway, I have left those two for now and have started early on converting the international competitions.

Africa, Asia, Europe and Oceania Club Continental are done. South America and World to do.

North America throwing errors. Who would have expected that....

:kriss:

Hopefully I can do some international nation competitions tonight as well, so I can do a lot of testing this week during work hours ;)

I have replaced Soviet Union and East Germany in the European Cups for now as I need to convert those nation competition files later on. That's what is planned for much of December.

2 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Let me know if you need any help with the mess that is CONCACAF. Was just realizing that the more they delay the FM24 downloads folder the more work you'll have when they finally do :lol:

Will do. Thank you.

I have converted and verified (and fixed here and there) all international files.
Three are left
Oceania Nation Competitions where the game is having issues with how I have set up the selection for Oceania Nations Cup. I already think I have a better and easier solution than I have now.
North America Concacaf funny stuff which will be a headache until SI takes out (probable) hardcoded stuff.
World Cup, the editor just .... crashes.... :eek:

So with Luxembourg and Malta, I am on 5 files that don't want to work with me right now. Not bad actually for not much more than two weeks of work.

Next up is conversion of the files for West-Germany and the Eastern Europe files that are on my list (some more files are on @Reiver's list)

And in the meantime I have converted Poland, Soviet Union, West Germany, Czechoslovakia and Romania to 24.0. Quite a bit of failed items.

Errors in Competitions and Nations are usually either items that have been changed in the default database or have been removed. That's cleaning up and generally doesn't have too much impact. Those are also just 318 items, so doable. Clubs however..... 2279 failed items and most of those will have impact. 1420 in Romania is something I am not looking forward to, but.... just 289 failed club items for the Soviet Union is a very positive something!

Yugoslavia is still on the to-do list.

Also, first order is to get everything working in basic rules again, before I convert it to Advanced. Considering the files come from 2 FMs back, that looked like the better options for me. Even though it means slightly more work.

Ah well, I have converted all my files and have just 120,000 failed items to do. That's not bad :D

Poland failed items have already been cleaned last night (192 in total). Next up is West Germany, but threw up a curveball just now :D

Considering I can put FM22 and FM24 next to each other, I know what I have to change here, but it is odd that the failed changes aren't shown....

image.png.251cc4abf9561defbbf5cda36a4976d4.png

image.png.f5add60d6bc8ca5f8ceb0cd526e20ef1.png

Germany has been brought back to 20 failed items. Romania has only 23 left (yes, that's 1400 cleaned in an evening :) )

Tomorrow it is time for Czechoslovakia and in this tempo the Soviet Union will be cleaned up this week as well. That speeds up my return to Yugoslavia (quite some data work to do there) and when that's to a point that I am happy with it, it is Player file time.... Hopefully I can speed up, because 1400 a day would be an issue :D

West Germany is cleaned up and ready for some final checks in the new data FM24 data.
Romania has 4 failed items left, but....... I can't find them ?? I think there are some deleted items that have failed items, but that's hard to find in 1500 edited clubs. I probably will be able to find it when comparing both files.
Czechoslovakia is also cleaned up and ready for the FM24 data checks.

Tomorrow an extra check on Romania to see if I can find them and Soviet Union to finish the clean up there.

And the weekend is for the Oceania Nations Cup and the World Cup. The World Cup might need a complete rebuild though.

3 hours ago, torsportsfan said:

Once released, is there anyway that we can only download parts of this file?

For example, I would only want to reactivate the former Yugoslavia as a league, keeping each of the countries separate like the ABA Basketball league!
Hvala :)

There are some files that can run without others, these are mostly the files for the national competitions. But there are some exceptions, the combined nations like Czechoslovakia, USSR and Yugoslavia will need several (quick count says 9) files to work properly. So your idea of using my files to run Yugoslavia with the nations separate will not work.

I thought I have seen most things by now, but the editor showing IDs with changes in the Database Changes list and the IDs are not the Club list?? Right....

Anyway, the Romania file is completely clean so I can start fixing the file to the point the competition will verify again.

But first the Soviet Union will get the same cleanjob. Funny thing, the Romania file has 22342 changes and 17542 items with changes. The Soviet Union file however having 116624 changes, has just  104798..... Could take a while :D

Oceania International Nation competition has been fixed.

It took me a while to understand that during the test New Zealand wasn't added, because they were already the host, so the issue was only in how I added the 5th and 6th team to the Oceania Nations Cup. I had set up a system in FM22 where the game would decide that based on the year and the host one or two teams from either the Melanesian or Polynesian Cup would be added to the Oceania Nations Cup, so I simplified it. It will now always pull the final team from Melanesia. Slightly unfair, but the Melanesian Cup is much stronger than the Polynesian Cup.

You could do a "get random teams from team pool" with maximum teams set (or maximum overall teams in list, if there's a possibility of overlap) and include teams from both. Maybe 2 from Melanesia, 1 from Polynesia so the advantage is reflected in the odds. But at least they have a chance!

Il 25/11/2023 in 18:28 , themodelcitizen ha scritto:

You could do a "get random teams from team pool" with maximum teams set (or maximum overall teams in list, if there's a possibility of overlap) and include teams from both. Maybe 2 from Melanesia, 1 from Polynesia so the advantage is reflected in the odds. But at least they have a chance!

don't complicate... we just want to see it done :D 

On 25/11/2023 at 18:28, themodelcitizen said:

20 hours ago, MBarbaric said:

don't complicate... we just want to see it done :D 

I have added it to my (possible) to-do list, but right now it is about getting files in test to see how they behave. I am waiting for the editor update for a few things anyway. This week is mainly about Yugoslavia though. We didn't get far with that one in FM22 due to unforeseen circumstances, so I am kneedeep in data (AND I LOVE IT!). Closing in on 180 hours already (and yes, that's an 8 hours a day average...), but not all of that has been Iron Curtain. Attention to bugs and supporting people has taken up quite a bit of hours this year as well.

1 hour ago, MBarbaric said:

is the new update helpful? I see only these 

Misc*.

• [Pre-Game Editor] - Fixed an issue with nation short name resets when trying to change it
  • [Pre-Game Editor] - Fixed an issue with extinct clubs cannot be added as playable

Yes, the extinct clubs one is important for the big nations.

I just realised that I am building a mod based on a year a tournament took place in (West-) Germany and in 2024 that same tournament takes place in Germany again. One would think it is coincidence....?

On 30/11/2023 at 22:10, oche balboa said:

Will the Yugoslav cup have over 5,000 teams 

Lol https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989–90_Yugoslav_Cup

On a more serious note, the preliminaries where the 5000 teams entred will be worked into it in some shape or form. It's just that they won't be that extensive.

One thing I am wondering about is which game mode I need to use. I thought Original was the one to go with, since the Real Life will be overwritten by my changes. But in case you are using mod files, is Custom the way to go with?

Anyway who knows that?

I have found out how to fix Luxembour and Malta. I might redo some of the problematic files that way as well. It involves moving back to basic rules and rebuild in Advanced Rules. Since the files are quite small, it's doable.

1 hour ago, MBarbaric said:

I just learned that the Bosniak city Novi Travnik used to be called Pucarevo in 1988. The Football Club Novi Travnik was called NK Bratstvo. a very minor and unimportant thing but still.

Checking my files now.

Edit: The default database has Pucarevo and not Novi Travnik, so need to check that. Novi Travnik is not in the database.

For some of these teams having a proper time line is next to impossible. I have that team as FK Bratstvo Novi Travnik, with this logo:image.png.ccaaeb7c8ee8dc99eaa54d1a6840649a.png

I also have images for a SD Bratstvo Pucareco, with this logo: 

Any idea of the timeline, we can easily adjust this

image.png

as per Wiki:

the city was called Pucarevo between 1980 and 1992 when it changed back to Novi Travnik.

the club was Bratstvo till 1994 when they changed the name to Novi Travnik. 

@Reiver the first logo, I assume, is from '92-'94 period while the  second one would probably be more in line with 1988 timeline. When formed in 1949, it was named Metalac (metalworker) and that second logo seems to retain some kind of metalworker symbolism. at least to me. 

i found this flag (I assume one of those teams exchange before a match) from 1980 and it is the same as one you have.

https://olx.ba/artikal/50915655/sd-bratstvo-pucarevo-zastavica/

I have rebuild the Luxembourg competition from scratch-copy from DavetheEditor's file from FM22 and now the cup issue has been fixed. Don't ask me why, but it appears that going from Basic Rules to Advanced Rules after setting the basics for your competitions does the trick here. Tomorrow it is time for Malta. I have a big testing period planned in January when I am three weeks off from work, so any issues turning up in my tests are being worked on in January, when I am also cleaning up the Players file.

Malta has been rebuild as well. I am seeing some minor things pop up here and there in my rebuild which makes me think some things under the hood have been tinkered with to have a better and easier verification process, only to end up on the point that the older files will not have been set for such a verification process. One thing I noticed as well, which I don't remember from previous versions is that if you revert an older file (say FM22 in my case) to basic rules in FM24, it will no longer see it as build in FM22 but in FM24. And after that the verification process runs much more smoothly.

However, it's just a theory right now.

Next weekend I have a re-check of Andorra and Gibraltar on the menu. Christmasweekend will be spend with Cyprus, the Faroe Islands and San Marino, together with another round of joy of North American Continental Club Competitions and I end the year with the World Cup. In between I am working through Yugoslavia data. Only Macedonia (halfway with that one) and Kosovo to go through and then it is adding the regional competitions to all clubs.

Planning wise I am reasonably on schedule for my own feeling.