More visual components

McBride

I've been playing this game since 01/02 I love the detail and reality of the game but sometimes I think it's undersold by the lack of visual components. Images make us feel more connected to news stories and they tie us emotionally to things. I think FM needs more images and occasionally video's (everyone loves the cup presentation) to tie us to thinks that are happening in the game.

Just things you might see in news stories or on social media feeds: a picture of a player sitting with the manager signing a contract, pictures of the stadium with a line a people out front, a picture of a player sitting on the pitch injured (or being carried off the field), picture of the players on a the top of a double decker bus driving through town when they with the league, etc.

Nothing is more underwhelming than that getting that note "The stadium with your name on it is finished". This would be a momentous event for any club. Why undersell it like that?

You should be able to look at your stadium any time. It doesn't make sense that you see it a little on match day.

Again, visual components would help make the events of the game more impactful.

Edited by McBride

I completely agree with this. Long time players of this game are not spoilt when it comes to visual components and so we appreciate it all the more when small things like the trophy presentations are added.

Your point about the new stadiums being presented with only a message in your inbox is a huge disapointment every time it happens :( Imagine starting out in the lower leagues and after years and years of hard work the club finally have their new stadium. In real life this would be a huge occasion, but in FM it passes by with about the same importance as a player picking up a knock and will out for 1-3 days...

Absolutely agree that is should be possible to view the stadium at any time. The game is largely based on reading inbox messages, setting up tactics, transfer dealings etc. This is absolutely great and why i love this game, but having the option to view your stadium at any time will definately make us feel more connected and tie us emotionally to things. As the the old saying goes: a stadium viewer can say more than a thousand words :)

• 9 months later...