Diego Simeone Tactic

Please can someone just create or give me guidance on how to create a 2013-2014 version of Atletico Madrid tactic.

Home and away version.  I've searched the forum.  I've searched even youtube and tried so many different deigo simone type ta tics but their all failures.  Especially yrying to replicate 2013-214 champion winning tactics. 

I know FM doesn't allow you to play well with defensive tactic ls and that low blocks etc don't work.  But I just want a close replication that also does well in ME. 

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

11 hours ago, ta11zx said:

Please can someone just create or give me guidance on how to create a 2013-2014 version of Atletico Madrid tactic.

Home and away version.  I've searched the forum.  I've searched even youtube and tried so many different deigo simone type ta tics but their all failures.  Especially yrying to replicate 2013-214 champion winning tactics. 

I know FM doesn't allow you to play well with defensive tactic ls and that low blocks etc don't work.  But I just want a close replication that also does well in ME. 

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

The reason it hasn't worked before is because it's impossible to recreate the tactic in a single download. I've watched a bit of that season and both strikers imo were AF.

Unlike a tiki taka tactic, where you can just max out the pressing and play out the back + much shorter passing and leave all instructions. Simeone would adjust the team's mentality and pressing game by game and minute by minute. If they played a tough team or went one goal up, they would normally waste time and or play on the counter while sitting deep. But they also came across lots of lower la liga teams where they had to press a bit higher and play with purpose.

In my previous season of my current save I guess you could say I played a little this way. I played a 442 and would be happy to defend deep and play defensive when we were winning games, especially against top opposition. We ended up having really low possession and in the bottom three pass completion. But we topped the league, because we knew when we had to press high and use an attacking mentality, as well as when it was time to shut up shop.

17 hours ago, Jack722 said:

The reason it hasn't worked before is because it's impossible to recreate the tactic in a single download. I've watched a bit of that season and both strikers imo were AF.

Unlike a tiki taka tactic, where you can just max out the pressing and play out the back + much shorter passing and leave all instructions. Simeone would adjust the team's mentality and pressing game by game and minute by minute. If they played a tough team or went one goal up, they would normally waste time and or play on the counter while sitting deep. But they also came across lots of lower la liga teams where they had to press a bit higher and play with purpose.

In my previous season of my current save I guess you could say I played a little this way. I played a 442 and would be happy to defend deep and play defensive when we were winning games, especially against top opposition. We ended up having really low possession and in the bottom three pass completion. But we topped the league, because we knew when we had to press high and use an attacking mentality, as well as when it was time to shut up shop.

Should it be possible to still create this tactic?  We have 3 tactic slots.  We can switch between them depending on the situations you pointed out like deigo does.

It's just ridiculous that SI don't allow you to succeed in the game with defensive tactics.   It's basically a slap in the face to the 2013-2014 atletico la liga winning team and diegos philosophy.   The ME let's you pkay whatever style you want and if u want trophies - you have to geggenpress.  I'm so sick of geggenpress now.  

5 hours ago, ta11zx said:

It's just ridiculous that SI don't allow you to succeed in the game with defensive tactics.   It's basically a slap in the face to the 2013-2014 atletico la liga winning team and diegos philosophy.   The ME let's you pkay whatever style you want and if u want trophies - you have to geggenpress.  I'm so sick of geggenpress now

That's a myth.

A lot of people are already talking about succeeding with defensive tactics on this thread; if you said it's difficult to play "catenaccio" or "park the bus" then that's understandable but other defensive methods do work you just need to monitor your system more than aggressive tactics. That being said part of the problem you don't understand the Atletico Madrid side of 2013-14 is because you don't understand low block systems in general. If you made your own replication and asked for help then it will much more easier to fix the problems in your tactic.