FM21 Reserve staff can't get better badges

Hello,

I am currently managing a save in Finland on FM21 and i can't get any of my reserve team training staff to go on coaching courses so thet can't get better.

I don't have this problem with first team  and U20 staff training courses. 

Is this a known issue in game or is there a solution to it ?

On 23/01/2022 at 13:45, LeRusse94 said:

Hello,

I am currently managing a save in Finland on FM21 and i can't get any of my reserve team training staff to go on coaching courses so thet can't get better.

I don't have this problem with first team  and U20 staff training courses. 

Is this a known issue in game or is there a solution to it ?

The same happened to me in Serbia while managing Red Star Belgrade

I like to sign ex-players who used to play for me who turned into coaches when retired for realism and nostalgia purposes

I also sign them into my youth/reserve teams wherever I go as they have bad attributes at the start

It has worked fine at every club I've been to up until that point as i was able to give my youth team staff coaching badges to improve but at Red Star, the staff I signed to Graficar (the reserve team who plays in a non-activated playable league) I was not able to give coaching badges for. 

I have moved on but an explanation would be much appreciated. 

I had started a save with as Manchester United manager with Sunday League football experience and without any coach license. Then I ask board to study for Nactional C license. They reject because fearing of attracting rivals to hire me :D:confused:

Le 24/01/2022 à 17:08, Tig212 a dit :

Le 24/01/2022 à 17:08, Tig212 a dit :

The same happened to me in Serbia while managing Red Star Belgrade

I like to sign ex-players who used to play for me who turned into coaches when retired for realism and nostalgia purposes

I also sign them into my youth/reserve teams wherever I go as they have bad attributes at the start

It has worked fine at every club I've been to up until that point as i was able to give my youth team staff coaching badges to improve but at Red Star, the staff I signed to Graficar (the reserve team who plays in a non-activated playable league) I was not able to give coaching badges for. 

I have moved on but an explanation would be much appreciated. 

This is my hypothesis. My reserve team is considered as an affiliate to my club. Surely the game considers the reserve team and my team to be independent from one another due to the affiliation link. So the reserve staff belonging to an independent team i have no control over them and can't send them on courses

What makes me think this is the fact that i can hire scouts + head of scout and even a head of physios for the reserves specifically. So i have two heads of scouts and two heads of physios. In a normal setup this doesn't happen i think

Surely the others with the same issue as me should have a setup where their reserve teams are considered  an affiliate to the main club.

Still it is kind of strange that it works like this as i can control team and individual training for the reserves and assign staff to training blocks 

Le 23/01/2022 à 21:26, FrazT a dit :

What is stopping them from going on courses- is it financial or non-availability?

No i have the money ( a little) as i am constantly sending my first team and U20 staff on courses. The option is just  not available for the reserve staff

reserve.JPG

Edited by LeRusse94