Do Limits on goals and assists exist?

Last season my left back matched an assist record of 15, with maybe 7 games of the season left. He didn’t make a single further assist.

This season my new striker scores 30 goals, yet is struggling to score, with 4 games remaining.

I suspect that there’s some form of limit to how well players can do. If so, this needs to be addressed and players allowed to make unlimited goal involvements. 

We can’t have players scoring all their goals in the first half of the season and later being restricted, just for the sake of adhering to average goal tallies.

I’ve managed Llandudno for 5 years and promotion is my only success.

On 24/01/2022 at 22:28, fc.cadoni said:

The limit of a season data for scoring is 8-bit which is about 256 goals in season. That’s the limitation.

I would be very interesting (SI as well) if someone can score 256 goals per season without a cheat. 

As OP seems to be under the impression the game is conspiring against them, it's probably worth being explicit that this is a limit of the recorded statistics. It doesn't mean the game engine will no longer allow a player to score, just that the stats on the history tab won't record accurately beyond a certain point.