Staff Responsibilities And The Unwanted List - Gods this game can be frustrating

Look, I like that the game gives us such a fine level of detail over responsibilities.

I just don't like it when It. Doesn't. Work.

I'm looking at the Transfer and contract responsibilities; Initiate signings, finalise signings, negotiate signings, all set to me, me and me. Handle incoming offers for first team players? Me, me and me. Outgoing development loans? Me.

Find and sign young players for the future? The Head of Youth Development can initiate and negotiate under the 20s, but finalising the signing? That would be me. Handle incoming offers for U20's? Me, and me. Ditto with the U18s.

I'm sure you get the gist. NOBODY gets signed, without it coming past me. NOBODY is sold or otherwise leaves so much as the stadium bathroom without my approval.

So how is it that I just found that one of my senior squad players had been placed on the unwanted list by a person or persons unknown, but I'm glaring threateningly and suspiciously at my director of football here.

NOBODY should be placed on that list without my say so. NOBODY should go on the loan list without my approval. And yet it happens, and I cannot see any control to stop it from happening that doesn't involve my DOF having an accidental trip down the stairs from the top level of Olimpico and into the unemployment queue. I manually took the player off the unwanted list but I'm wondering what other little land mines have been left for me to discover.

----

Edit: When I went to the Transfer section of an individual player I found a note that "{The director of football} is responsible for offloading players on the unwanted list and finding them new clubs".  I would be OK with that, save for the fact that he should not get to PUT them on that list. I am wondering, not for the first time, whether I actually NEED a director of football, or whether I'd rather keep that 30.5 grand per week he's being paid in the bank and so that I can be sure he's not doing anything I don't tell him to do. It's a pity that he has such a long contract...

Edited by Kirkus Octavius