Far to easy to get good jobs off the back of very little success!

Josh P

Massive issue in the game that has caused me to get incredibly bored of doing an unemployed save (Which I've absolutely loved until the last few versions).

Not sure if its down to club visions, or certain playing styles being to overpowered when other clubs are looking for managers, but its been far to easy on the last few versions of the game to get much better jobs through very little success.

As an example, on last years game I was managing Hereford in the National league North. Joined halfway through the first season and kept them up, narrowly missed playoffs second season, then left when they were 1st to go to Brentford who were top of the Championship. In this version, I won the lowest Welsh league (Competition ranking was 237 with half a star reputation!) with Carmarthen (who were clear favourites anyway) and then got offered a job with MK Dons in the League one playoffs after less than 18 months on the save.

Just seems very strange and completely ruins the challenge / fun of starting with the lowest experience and no coaching badges yet ending up near the top leagues  with no titles / cups. Left me very bored of doing the challenge and therefore getting bored of the game in general. It's totally unrealistic and kills the immersion of the game.

In FM22 seems easy, agree. In my 5th year on FC Aris Thessalonikis won a cup, no league and reached round of 16 in Europa League. At the start of next season, Inter and Bayer 04 have offered me a job interview.

Before I joined FC Aris, my previous job was with Dulwich Hamlet (1st job) with no badges and Sunday League experience. Won VNL, took them in League and then FC Aris come to me. Easy.

I agree here.

I would like to see your manager’s characteristics also have a bigger impact on jobs (and players) 

It’s already in the game where a club would hire you because of your preference of signing U23’s and that is their current vision or a club wanting you because you showed success fighting against regulation. These are all positive effects but the board should take account of how loyal you are to players, tactics, how you handle media, etc.

for example, 

A club wanting to make strides on and off the field probably shouldn’t be hiring you if you don’t talk to media…

2 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

I agree here.

I would like to see your manager’s characteristics also have a bigger impact on jobs (and players) 

It’s already in the game where a club would hire you because of your preference of signing U23’s and that is their current vision or a club wanting you because you showed success fighting against regulation. These are all positive effects but the board should take account of how loyal you are to players, tactics, how you handle media, etc.

for example, 

A club wanting to make strides on and off the field probably shouldn’t be hiring you if you don’t talk to media…

Absolutely, there needs to be some kind of method to limit how and where a manager can jump to.

Ultimately no Sunday League manager would ever make a jump close to what you can achieve on FM22 in real life based off 2 seasons with no tangible success. Completely kills the realistic simulation element of the game and has massively put me off playing this version / buying the next one...

Despite this, I have noticed that I have develop a way to faster from any previous version; might be the reason as well (or getting easily reputation points). In game I am 42 years old, started 33, and my stats looks crazy good enough even without holding the last coaching course. My reputation is 4 star as well despite winning VNL, Greek Superleague, Greek Cup and only reached Round 16 in Europa League.

• 8 months later...