Sadly I probably need help

Hi Guys

eventhough ive played football for several years, my tactical ideas simply dont translate from real life to fm.

Perhaps im not using the players right, eventhough it seems logical to me. 

My team is fine, but im apparently not that good. Would anyone be inclined to help?

i´d like to send my savegame through mail and perhaps get a few pointers on my tactics and if i should use my players differently.

This is normal, there is no shame in asking for help; taking tactic replications as an example they aren't always going to work exactly as it should in FM. Using this example, say I want to put into FM, first I understand the playing style and split it into the 2 parts (attack possession and defensive shape) into the Tactic creator. Then separately analyse the pressing style (OI's and defensive transition) then add any PI's (sometimes a role by itself doesn't justify the way a player should play). But despite this it is still difficult, so occasionally you may need to compromise you thoughts for the players, so they can thrive; if I have slow defenders lower the defensive line, if I have fast players on the wing could I change his role and duty so he can constantly be 1v1 with the fullback. Can the team handle the high intensity, can they pass really well, can team counter-press well enough if not should they regroup or be neutral. The best thing you have done is think logically so sometimes you need to think is there anyone who doesn't fit , any tactic which it is vulnerable against, team mentality, cohesion, standing in the league (relegation candidates or favourites for top 4) etc, etc.

Edited by De Nile

Thanks for answering guys. These are my main 2 tactics right now. 

I feel i have the players for this, but perhaps im mistaken. 

I´ve added the comparison screens for the league, which indicates i should be crusing the league og cloes to. Im inHide the playoff spot, have been to the epl and went down. Just struggling for consistency and a grasp of the tactics.

The idea of the first one is to let the 3 cb´s stay back, and cover the a bit of the flanks end central area.

the 2 midfielders are more holding players. They stay central and arent to far away in defence or attack. 

Wb´s either attack or support and if on support - idea is to create situations where they should create confusion by one operating on the flanks, while the other ideally would operate between their backs and cbs + playing bwteen the opponents midfield and defensive lines

the forward is a pf, as i dont want him to far away and yet still be a threat. 

20220127120212_1.jpg

20220127120232_1.jpg

20220127121010_1.jpg

20220127121012_1.jpg

20220127121018_1.jpg

Edited by Dennis Nielsen

I'm no expert, but one thing that jumps out at me is, for a team that's among the best in the league, those tactics seem a little passive. There are a lot of players on Support and Defend duties but not much attacking threat. The 3CB one, for example, won't have any penetration from the centre of midfield as those 2 players aren't going to push on into the box. Your IFs are on Support so they're more likely to drift around the edges of the box and look to play others in...but there isn't really anyone to try to play a through ball to because of the lack of movement. The 4-2-3-1 has similar problems. There's no dynamism in your roles and duties so it will be quite static and easy for teams to defend against.

Consider changing one of your MCs to a CM/a or an AP/a, or maybe the AMC to a Shadow Striker. I'd also change at least one of the IF to Attack to try to get more bodies in the box.

That's a right squad you have @Dennis Nielsen!!

There's nothing massively wrong with either tactic but a few things you could try out:

Tactic 1) I'd probably play a DLF(A) here just to help the link up play up front. One of the IFs could then be bumped up to Attack. With both CMs on Support I'd probably drop the WB's to Support. You could have one of the WBs on Attack if you wanted but I'd then switch the CM that side of the pitch to Defend 

Tactic 2) Play the PF(A) here, he doesn't really need to drop deep with the AP(S) there & the IFs cutting in, have him push the D-Line back to allow the three guys behind him to operate. The right FB could probably be on Attack with the CM(D) shoring things up on that side of the pitch   

On 27/01/2022 at 15:19, Mike J said:

I'm no expert, but one thing that jumps out at me is, for a team that's among the best in the league, those tactics seem a little passive. There are a lot of players on Support and Defend duties but not much attacking threat. The 3CB one, for example, won't have any penetration from the centre of midfield as those 2 players aren't going to push on into the box. Your IFs are on Support so they're more likely to drift around the edges of the box and look to play others in...but there isn't really anyone to try to play a through ball to because of the lack of movement. The 4-2-3-1 has similar problems. There's no dynamism in your roles and duties so it will be quite static and easy for teams to defend against.

Consider changing one of your MCs to a CM/a or an AP/a, or maybe the AMC to a Shadow Striker. I'd also change at least one of the IF to Attack to try to get more bodies in the box.

On 27/01/2022 at 15:57, Johnny Ace said:

That's a right squad you have @Dennis Nielsen!!

There's nothing massively wrong with either tactic but a few things you could try out:

Tactic 1) I'd probably play a DLF(A) here just to help the link up play up front. One of the IFs could then be bumped up to Attack. With both CMs on Support I'd probably drop the WB's to Support. You could have one of the WBs on Attack if you wanted but I'd then switch the CM that side of the pitch to Defend 

Tactic 2) Play the PF(A) here, he doesn't really need to drop deep with the AP(S) there & the IFs cutting in, have him push the D-Line back to allow the three guys behind him to operate. The right FB could probably be on Attack with the CM(D) shoring things up on that side of the pitch   

I´ve basically done a bit of both in regards to advice. Thanks for taking the time to help. I´ll swing by at some point in time to tell how its going :)