Team talk gestures. What does hands on hips do?

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

You can hover your cursor over each gesture to get a tooltip that explains the gesture in a bit more detail.

It does for the others - for instance point tells you it's assertive, but not hands on hips - just says hands on hips means you've got hands on hips:
image.png.f9825c1c98e03a1c2a17016c6cc6d920.png

1 hour ago, fc.cadoni said:

Yes, like in previous versions like Calm, Assertive etc. Effects your personality (and your hidden attributes).

Yup they definitely effect all of that. I just wish your manager’s personality and characteristics had more impact on the overall game. Potential new signees and new clubs looking to hire you should be more aware.

Otherwise, like a previous poster said, they just pump fist and point finger all the time lol. 

Every action should have an effect on character. Similar to the games KOTR and Mass effect. Essentially, there should be no right or wrong way to react or play the game.

As of now, it’s like you have to be PC and say the correct things just not to **** off your team. It’s like individual personalities don’t matter and everyone is a snowflake. For example, if your board expect mid table, you have to tell your players that you want a mid table finish without pissing them off. Even though the options are there to select, you can’t be passive in goals or over optimistic without pissing off the entire squad.

9 hours ago, luka_zg said:

Just get an assistant with high mam management attribute and forget about it.

I don't know about anyone else, but this typo took my mind way off topic! 

Back on topic: I've previously voiced concerns around how well some of the gestures translate to other regions and cultures, as different gestures can have very different meanings in some parts of the world. 

Edited by DementedHammer

17 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I don't know either, but I use it more than the other gestures. For me, it's kind of neutral - they don't deserve a hallelujah, but they've done nothing to complain about. Whether that's any different to 'no gesture', I don't know.

That's how I use it too, when the lads have done well but don't deserve the full 'arms outstretched in praise' gesture, maybe after a routine win, but when warning against complacency isn't needed.

Also it annoys me that I can only say positive things in press conferences by smiling or stretching out my arms. Had a manager beef my team and I wanted to say something positive about my team but I wanted to do it emphatically by banging the table or wagging ma finger but I am not allowed to.

3 hours ago, Wavelberry said:

Also it annoys me that I can only say positive things in press conferences by smiling or stretching out my arms. Had a manager beef my team and I wanted to say something positive about my team but I wanted to do it emphatically by banging the table or wagging ma finger but I am not allowed to.

The restrictions on what gestures you're allowed to use and when you're allowed to use them are frankly ridiculous. Many questions simply don't allow you to use a gesture in response. They're actually *more* restrictive than the Tone system they were supposed to replace!