Player with damaged spine

I recruited a player mid-season, with the transfer supposed to take effect at the next transfer window.

The window comes, and the transfer is cancelled due to him failing his medical. "Damaged spine", 9 months of indisponibility.

Being a responsible manager, I immediately decided to gamble his young life away and ignore the doctors' advice, because you know, the club is above individuals.

Another reason was that I considered that once a contract is signed, it's signed, and injuries are a risk clubs must assume. And I'd very much like to see him overcome this nasty blow.

The 9 months are almost passed and I'm getting worried. Please someone tell me he won't end up in a wheelchair at the first hard tackle. Did it happen to anyone else to have such an injured player? What would you have done?

Any insight apprieciated.

• SI Staff

He will 'probably' recover from the injury fine - but there is a chance that there will be recurring issues later (these might be fixed if so through surgery etc. which is an option you'd have available in game).

Time out does prevent a player improving however and might ultimately prevent him from reaching quite as high a level of ability as he might have done if he'd been injury free, time will tell.

Il y a 1 heure, Marc Vaughan a dit :

there is a chance that there will be recurring issues later (these might be fixed if so through surgery etc. which is an option you'd have available in game).

Thanks for the reply, this is just what I was hoping to hear. I'm kind of a carebear and would have hated having to drop him.