Force my youth team manager to play a player in a certain position

dpt8544

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love to be able to have a bit more say in these things too. A few things I'd like to be able to do:

• Play player in chosen position/role (as you've said).
  • Play player whenever fit.
  • Preferred starting XI to be followed within certain fitness boundaries.
  • Alternative: less individual player micromanaging, but give managers instructions to focus either on results or development (i.e. should player selection be informed by ability or potential). This would be particularly useful for B teams, where you can encourage your B team manager to focus on one or the other depending on your immediate priorities.
  • Encourage/discourage calling up players from lower squads (e.g. u18 to u23, u19 to B team).

Youth players who have huge potential should have special treatment and should involve the senior manager more often, even if the youth team management has been delegated.

At the start if the season there could be an option to assign special treatment to a couple of players.

This would mean youre asking your youth manager ‘please keep a close on on these special players and keep me updated on their progress’.

So they could notify you of players with high potential that are performing badly and not developing.

The youth manager has failed to motivate the youth player but he could now turn to you to speak to the player instead.

• 1 month later...

Adding to this, because it's a brilliant idea... the option to then get regular updates on said player. Give me reports on how he's doing, whether he's adapting well to the new position that he's now getting played in, is he looking like he'll make it as a player. Let me know whether it's worth the extra effort that's being put into retraining him in a new position. Make the youth manager actually do something more than what they do now.

I was coming here to say the same thing!! It’s crazy that we can set a youth’s training role but we can’t force them to play there. It’s very annoying having to check the youth lineups before every game 

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love to see more flexibility with respect to training youth players. I agree with all the above suggestions. I'd also add that it's frustrating when you decide to train an elite prospect in a new position that you can't get him to play in that position without micromanaging the youth setup.

• 9 months later...