Wider range of interaction with players would be nice

Kirkus Octavius

I know that in FM21 in particular the range of gestures, for example, was expanded. But I still find the limitations in how I can communicate with my players a bit frustrating. In truth I'll probably expand on this as I'm reminded of examples, but let me give one that I just came across.

Into my Inbox comes a notification that one Serie B team is interested in taking one of my kids on trial for a week, and that a second team in that league may be interested.

I go to have a discussion with him and my assistant tells me that he has nothing that he wants to discuss.

REALLY??? He doesn't want to talk to me about whether he would be interested in the trial? Whether he would be interested in going to EITHER of the teams on a loan in the future? Whether he would have interest in a transfer? (To a serie B team, probably not, but it would be nice to know.) He just... goes with the flow, I suppose, without a care in the world for his future career.

I find that... improbable in real life.

I know that we'll probably never get to the point where it feels like a real life discussion with real life people, that's asking too much... but I would think that for something like this a discussion which gives you some idea of how the player feels about any proposal that affects (or may affect) their future would be rather nice.

In the same vein, it would be nice to get more feedback from them about what / who they like in the coaching team, in the tactics, and so on. (Beyond the "x is unhappy with the coaching". You do admittedly get warnings about potential future unhappiness from your staff but it would be nice to be able to interact with them directly.)

----

Edit: I agreed to the trial. I then looked at his morale and his one negative was "Feels pressured by the interest in him."

Then he accepted the trial and stated that he is "excited to be joining" the other team. Please excuse me while the mixed signals make my head explode.

Edited by Kirkus Octavius
Updated information

• 8 months later...
  • Administrators

Thanks for taking the time to input your feedback. It is an idea that has come up before and has been passed on to the design team however it may yet be rejected or with further development make it into a future iteration of FM.