How to set qualifying teams to new European competitions

LC15

Hi, 

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, I've looked at https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/369351-champions-league-euro-cup-help/ but can't seem to find where this would be in the advanced rules of FM 22 editor to replicate it and I'm not sure it would work for my purposes.

I've created a new set of european super leagues based on regions (ie one league for portugal/france/spain etc, separate one for germany, poland, czech etc). I've also created a new european cup and deleted all old european competitions. I now want to work out how I set qualifying teams for these regional superleagues from the standard national leagues (as an example positions 1-4 in the portuguese/french/spanish leagues for a 12 team super league) and then from the higher postions of the superleagues how I set qualifying teams for the overall new european cup I've made (so pos 1-3 in each regional superleague). Can anyone help me find where in advanced rules I need to look to set these qualifying teams both for the regional super leagues and the new cup competition? 

The second question which is related to the link provided above - I want the qualifiers to be sorted by the specific leagues and positions (always set, not dynamic) so not different no's of qualifying teams based on national league rep changes. Is this possible and if so how?

Thanks in advance :)

Just from working on creating old European competitions, I think you'll need to look at this screen in advanced rules. You'll also need to input all your nations into the nations tab so this screen can check what nations to use. Required teams and competitions will also need to be filled in, if I'm correct. Best thing to do, is download and scrutinise other people's files. It's at moments like this I just wish there was a comprehensible editor manual that can be used to reference!! 

Screenshot_20220209_135517_com.android.chrome.jpg

hey thanks for the reply! I think that's exactly what i'm looking for. A couple of questions - first what type of rules are these? continental club advanced rules?

The other question which i can't seem to work out from that picture... if i want a new european cup that the superleagues feed into (so e.g 4 superleagues - positions 1 to 3 of each league feed in to a cup each season).. how do i do that in this situation? as i can't seem to work out a way to make teams qualify from competitions (other than the last winner rather than multiple positions) rather than being drawn from nations - is that something that you can do via the advanced rules section?

Also you mentioned downloading other people's files? Is there a part of the forum where diff editor files are listed or are you meaning in terms of workshop items on steam?

You can download files from here: https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/855-editors-hideaway-download-forum-fm22/

The file I have been working on for ages and still haven't ironed out would be club continental rules, and yes converting to advanced rules is how to access this. There's a guide here from another forum: https://sortitoutsi.net/content/57138/how-to-access-advanced-rules (scroll down to post from 4th Feb 21)

Once you've allocated your continent to Europe you'll be able to select your competitions in the competitions tab of that screenshot I put up earlier. Likewise Required Teams, and Nations. The nations you enter will be numbered in the order you enter them in. So looking at that screen I put up, and looking at the last 2 visible entries (UEFA Cup). The number on the left is 1 and below is 3. This signifies picking 1 team in league from nations 1 to 8 from my nation's list, and the row below is picking the next 3 teams in the league from each nation 1 to 4. I have the first of those rows seeded 0 (8 teams) and the next ones seeded 1. 1 team from 8 nations and 3 teams from 4 nations gives 8 and 12 teams respectively, which is confirmed on the far right. 

The above example is for my UEFA Cup competition. The European Cup has already taken the top team in the league and the UEFA Cup will be taking the next teams in the league in finishing order. So, if I have understood your question right, you should be able to get what you're after using this method. The number on left will be 3 (which is the number of teams you want), your 4 superleagues will be nations 1 to 4 (first and last nation) equalling 12 teams to enter the tournament. Then you build your tournament.

Really the best thing for you to do is study downloads and what guides you can find to understand how this works. Good luck. I bought FM22  months ago and have hardly played it as I'm desperately trying to get my edited file to work. Believe me, I am no expert!

Edited by \'Appy \'Ammer

Thanks very much for this, what you've said covers most of what i'm trying to do i think, so it's just experimenting and working out the rest. I'll take a look at the different files you can download and that guide and see where that takes me. :)

I've managed to work out most of what I need to do to get my competition working but I'm stuck on an error in the club continental rules that I can't work out what is going wrong and where to change it. Does anyone recognise the error message in the below image and knows where I need to look to fix it? (I have clubs qualifying for this competition via multiple newly created superleagues - there are multiple stages to it (qualifiers - round of 32 - round of 16 - 8 - 4 - final). Teams get added in qualifiers and also round of 32.)

Thanks!

Screenshot 2022-02-16 171714.png

Edited by LC15

• 3 weeks later...

There are 3 teams in the tournament. Your rankings page only has 2 teams (likely the winner and runner-up). You need to either add a 3rd entry to the rankings page for the team that comes 3rd, or make sure that only 2 teams enter the tournament.