Choose to reset hall of fame when starting a new game

Campbell1892

Looks a bit out if place when we check the hall of fame to see our previous save honours there lined up to our new save honours and with the same manager name doesn't really make sense when it comes to the immersion. I guess some people like it but it would help to give the option for those who want to separate their hall of fames to line up with each save. Thanks.

I agree with this, more or less. I've always argued that user Hall of Fame data should be tied to the save file, and should not appear on separate saves.

If you have one save where you win loads of major trophies and get near the top of the HoF, it does break the immersion when you start a brand new lower-league career and still see your previous manager's honours. It's the same thing when you load another user's save file - and then wonder why John Smith is suddenly top of all your Halls of Fame.

You can reset the HoF yourself by going into your public documents folder (e.g C:\Users\Public\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 20xx) and deleting the hall_of_fame.dat file. This will stop previous manager honours appearing in any new saves, though I'm not sure if this also affects older saves.

4 hours ago, CFuller said:

I agree with this, more or less. I've always argued that user Hall of Fame data should be tied to the save file, and should not appear on separate saves.

If you have one save where you win loads of major trophies and get near the top of the HoF, it does break the immersion when you start a brand new lower-league career and still see your previous manager's honours. It's the same thing when you load another user's save file - and then wonder why John Smith is suddenly top of all your Halls of Fame.

You can reset the HoF yourself by going into your public documents folder (e.g C:\Users\Public\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 20xx) and deleting the hall_of_fame.dat file. This will stop previous manager honours appearing in any new saves, though I'm not sure if this also affects older saves.

Yeah should be tied to the save. I only remembered to reset it after I won a cup so was too late. I still tried checking to see if it reset by wiping it and reloading the save so it didn't seem to affect older saves as you say which is annoying 

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/02/2022 at 15:37, b.sinisa said:

I just delete the hall of fame .dat file and start new save but this suggestion is great if you ask me

Yeah that's it, however I forgot until it was too late on my new save as was a few seasons in when getting first trophy which is what triggered me to think about it. Thanks

• 8 months later...