[FM22] Cantabria Tales - Regional Challenge

ToMexico!!

917383b6ee8f82f6aa1f17732c668462.png

The Autonomous Region of Cantabria 

Cantanbria is located in the North of Spain, nestled between the Basque region to the East, Castille and Leon to the South and the Principality of Austurias to the West. To the North, is the Cantabrian Sea or more commonly known as the Bay of Biscay. Just 1% of Spain's population lives in this region, which makes this challenge even harder. Santander is the capital of the region and is home to roughly 170,000 people. 

And Santander is where we take up this Regional Challenge, the club, Real Racing Club de Santander or just Racing Santander was one of the founding members of La Liga in 1929. These finished in a club high of joint 2nd with champions Bilbao in the 1930/31 season. The club spent the majority of its existence in first or second tier of Spanish football but more recently have flitted between the 2nd and 3rd tier. 

Notable former players include Sergio Canales, Yossi Benayoun, Ezequiel Garay and Olof Mellberg whilst the club has been managed by Quique Sentien, Marcelino and more recently Pedro Munitis. 

The Challenge

For the challenge itself, its quite straight forward, we must only buy players that were born in the region of Cantabria. As things stand I have entered 65 cities/towns/villages into the search filter to create a list of players that were born here. This currently (5 seasons in) gives us 269 players available to us, with 217 of them interested in signing for us. 

The aims of the save are to win trophies and titles with a team of players from the region whilst also developing the other teams within the region. We can do this by giving them money for players/playing friendlies/them being affiliate clubs of ours. 

The Save so Far

We're into our 5th season now with this save, so I need to bring you up to speed. 

505e68fda65b780d52b65feabb918051.png

Players signed or that come through the youth intake (and appear in the first team) will have (CTB) added to their name to show that they were born in the region. If any player comes through the intake from another region/country they will still be signed/played but they will have their region/country bracketed instead. 

In April 2024 we were taken over by French tycoon Jonathan Vincent after he acquired the club for just £17.5m. He then pumped circa £30m into the club and improved the youth facilities out of his own pocket. He then agreed to upgrade the training facilities, junior coaching and youth recruitment. We were given roughly £5m to spend in the 2024/25 season which we spent the majority of it. 

Current Situation

Affiliate Clubs - clubs highlighted in red are no longer affiliates, the links cut by their new board. 

Regional Teams Facilities - we will check this periodically to see if any money we have contributed has been used to improve the facilities. 

Regional Expenditure - this is early days yet, we've only just had money to spend and I felt I needed to sort my own team out first before helping others.

First XI & Subs | B Team | U19's + More

Star Players - Pablo Torre | Angel Luna 

Hot Prospects - Mahamadou Pareda | Abraham Lominchar | Angel Martos 

So, we are currently midway through the 2025/26 season with 10 out of 11 first choice players being from the region, the only position that is not from Cantabria is the GK and neither is the back up but they are players that were with the club when the save started. 

Next season I really want to put more emphasis on helping the other clubs in the region by playing more friendlies and signing one or two players from each for a set amount. 

Mid-Season Break - December 2025

We've reached the mid-season break and I thought it would be best to mention this season. 

Expectations were heightened this season, the media were expecting 4th place this season whilst the bookies think 2nd. The opinion that counts is owners though and he wants for us just to reach the play-offs like last season. 

He gave us £4.2m to spend on improving the squad and increased the wage budget again, to £190k p/w, of which we are spending just £126k p/w at the moment. We only made one signing though this summer and that was  Adrian Corral on loan from Athletico Madrid to be first choice CB. 

We changed formation mid-way through last season, moving the AMC in a 4-2-3-1 back to the DM slot for an defensive 4-3-3 shape with wingers and it worked well. We've kept the instructions to a minimum which has also helped by not over complicating things. 

After 19 games we sit top of the Segunda Division with a healthy 10 point gap to 2nd placed Malaga. Our only defeat came at the hands Albacete, other than that blip we've dominated a fair few teams with the Villarreal and Sociedad B teams getting hammered but we've also put four goals past each of Alcorcon, Tenerife and Eibar. 

Angel Luna has been in incredible form, scoring 33 goals in 20 games with 31 of those coming in the league, we've tried to really utilise his pace and acceleration whilst I got him to add the 'places shots' trait to his game. The switch in position for Pablo Torre has also worked really well, despite being natural at Shadow Striker he didn't contribute enough, so moving him back to central midfield and the Mezzala role has helped his numbers. He has 5 goals and 15 assists coming from a deeper position so far this season. 

5 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

Good luck with this, tried doing the same in Galicia (with Lugo), but unfortunately no more time to play FM for me... Will be following this though.

Thanks, I think i've certainly picked one of the harder regions in Spain due to the lack of top tier/2nd tier clubs in the region but thats the fun of it and the challenge. Barring an absolute catastrophe it looks like we're going up so the next challenge is to stay up. 

Youth Intake - March 2026

Our 5th youth intake is here and its dubbed another golden generation. 

924b2a926ba0923b70a72a0ac632ef7e.png

But... we only have one elite talent off the bat. 

8f355b1af9e657793586774341ca6c8d.png

Which doesn't strike me as a golden generation. Lets take a look at the intake as a whole. 

e6cfecfa62ec7bdcddb6dcc02b8b3b34.png

Pretty poor personalities on the whole, not much potential according to the PA stars. We'll take a closer look at some of them. 

• Abraham Munoz - another inverted AMR, which we use but are pretty stacked there, poor personality, poor natural fitness.
  • Chechu - our first Ecuadorian, another inverted winger this time on the left. Good dribbling, acceleration but poor teamwork and stamina. 
  • Juan Carlos - a much needed goalkeeper with potential, needs much technical improvement but he's the best we have at a youth level.
Spoiler

d9ce78c15b32aba6096cbed645dc3534.png

46eba6c261a16cd8f60929997399115f.png

Prior to this intake I replaced my HoYD, it was Gonzalo Colsa for the far superior Edd Vahid who was at Southampton. I've asked for the training and youth facilities to be improved as well as the Junior Coaching. 

Season Review - June 2026

Form in the 2nd half of the season was very indifferent, certainly much poorer than the first half of the season but due to opening up such a points gap we had little to worry about. Promotion was secured with five games to go and the title with two games to go. Eventually ending the season 14 points clear of 2nd placed Barcelona B and a further point ahead of 3rd placed and fellow promoted side Girona. 

Whether teams cottoned on to how we set up and looked to play or the players had hit their peak too early in the season, I'm not sure but they will obviously get the chance to try and keep us up next season. 

We had a slightly earlier exit from the Copa del Rey, losing to Valencia in the 3rd Round. 

Angel Luna was the pick of the goal scorers for us, notching a fantastic 49 goals in 44(1) games. Pablo Torre scored 15 goals as the Mezzala and also produced 24 assists for his team mates. Franck Romero scored 12 goals and made eight assists from the left whilst Neco Celorio made 15 assists from the right. 

Off the pitch we made more steps forward, the board agreeing to costly improvements to the facilities and another upgrade of the Junior Coaching. The training facilities costing us £4m and the youth facilities were £5.5m. Upon confirming promotion to La Liga the board have given me £12.4m to spend on new players and increased the wage budget to £280k p/w, which we are currently spending half of that. It will be interesting if the owner puts more money into the club over the course of the summer. 

3cad5fc979122344a459b903daac3c88.png

7c9b0aa4e9a8d68a924d4b1c11a48f15.png

First Team / Hot Prospect - June 2026

• GK - Parera / Juan Carlos - Parera is not from Cantabria but can continue with us, I hope Juan Carlos can step up in the next 2/3 years. 
  • RB (FB) - Diego Ceballos / Pedro Jose - at 25, Ceballos has plenty of time. Jose has the most potential but I don't see him reaching first team levels.
  • CB (NCB) - Baltasar Lavin / Francisco Jose Otero - we're not blessed with many CBs but Lavin is our best. Potential CBs are hard to come by, again, Otero is the best. 
  • CB (CB)- Adrian Corral / - I will look to make Corral a permanent signing, Athletico wanted roughly £6m before, we could get him for less now. 
  • LB (FB) - Saul / Mahamadou Pereda - Saul is the oldest in our first team. Model Citizen Pereda is coming along very nicely, could I chuck him in to top tier football at 16? 
  • DM (HB) - Inigo / Angel Martos - Inigo is the current Half Back and has a few more years yet although Martos is hot on his coat-tails. 
  • CM (MEZ) - Pablo Torre / Pedro Jose Cabellero - Torre has excelled at CM since moving back there, Pedro is not quite a direct replacement. 
  • CM (CM) - Fede San Emeterio / Luis Alberto - not quite got the best out of this position, do we go double Mezalla? 
  • AMR (W) - Neco Celorio / Abraham Lominchar - another season or two development and Celorio won't be first choice. Abraham was chosen virtue of age, there's also Ivan Torre for RW. 
  • AML (IF) - Franck Romero / Chechu - Romero is a shining light on the left, wanted by Valencia at the minute. Chechu chosen due to being 15. 
  • ST (AF) - Angel Luna / Luis Alberto Vallejo - Luckily Luna hasn't got injured, we lack depth here. Vallejo has the best finishing of the winger-cum-strikers we have. 

A tough challenge with the lack of big teams/resources in the area. Getting to La Liga is a great achievement which can only help to drive forward youth recruitment in the next few seasons. The stadium having a good capacity helps, know a few of the teams at the level you start with only have a few thousand and need a costly stadium upgrade!

Any larger named players who may be attracted to you now?

32 minutes ago, theBlackPrince said:

A tough challenge with the lack of big teams/resources in the area.

Exactly one of the reasons I chose Santander. If I chose the Basque region which is next door I would have Bilbao, Sociedad, Osasuna, Eibar and Alaves to pick players up from. 

34 minutes ago, theBlackPrince said:

Getting to La Liga is a great achievement which can only help to drive forward youth recruitment in the next few seasons.

I didn't expect to get there so soon. I thought at another two seasons but things clicked very well. 

35 minutes ago, theBlackPrince said:

Any larger named players who may be attracted to you now?

We have most of the better players, there aren't many left who would really improve us. Canales is 35 now and would join but who would he displace. We just signed one player already who I'll update on. 

Thanks for reading! 

14 hours ago, theBlackPrince said:

I like Basque only saves and have a lot of love for Bilbao and what they have done with Basque only. The only advantage is that it us much easier to find Basque players in the game with the second nationality! 

If you have most the best players this season could be.... brutal!

Definitely, I've had a dabble with one of the French clubs that produces Basque players, can't remember the name of it at the minute, was enjoyable but brief. 

I mean there's a couple of players I could have signed but one was way out of our price range and the other was touching 30, so I was against signing him as he wanted a 4 year deal and would potentially block a youth player for another season or two. 

Stop the season already :D 

Transfers - September 2026

As of now there are 252 players available to us to buy. 

A 35 year old Sergio Canales could have come home to sit on the bench for a season, we're priced out of a move for Esteban Robles from Vigo but does he improve us anyway? I could have possibly signed Paulinho from Malaga but he wanted a 4-year deal and turning 30 soon, he would hamper a younger player coming through. 

The first order of business was...

4f43253d05eb7957db363493c32422fd.png

to sign Adrian Corral on a permanent basis, a good season with us saw his stock rise slightly, £4m up front and two instalments of £1.25m. 

I then scoured the list for some more players to bring home. 

997df456bd503a495939710da86e012f.png

We spent half a million doing so. 

£79k on Pedro Jose Tavares from Prat, the Barcelona based club, the locally born lad hails from Santander and was with youth club Bansander before leaving for Catalonia. Then £175k on Eric Lavin from Alicante B, the young goalkeeper from Bezana comes back home to play for our B team. We then bought two players from local teams, Kilian from Bansander for an initial £60k rising to £125k depending on game time, which probably isn't going to happen as he is awful. I then plumped for youth goal keeper Miguel Nunez from Cayon for his release clause of £185k, hopefully we can improve him and then move him back to Cayon or another local side on loan. 

Youth Intake - March 2027

b74e5103fbb54aae27d3d4385e268717.png

A pretty decent intake overall with 3 x 5* PA players but in my opinion, only two are good enough. 

• Francisco Arevelo - technically very good already for 15 years old. Will try and develop his mentals and his physicals will come naturally.
  • Alhassane Karamoko - we don't use an AMC now so he will be retrained to a Mezzala. 
Spoiler

d5e5127f1102d7e763c71439d056494b.png

2026/27 Season Review

Well what can I say, I felt we could stave off relegation or even get into a relegation battle but we went even further by upsetting the apple cart and finishing in 8th place. An incredible season really, no way should we have done so well and we had some amazing results along the way. 

I put it down to one alone, squad dynamics. I've said it before but adding just one or two players to an already settled squad does more for a team than wholesale changes and improvements across the team. In fact other than making Adrian Corral's loan stay a permanent one, we didn't do any other first team business. We went into the season with great squad harmony, we didn't change formation or roles and we let the players who got us to La Liga try and keep us there and oh boy they did. 

We beat the likes of Sevilla, rivals Bilbao, Real Madrid at home and drew with Barcelona at home. I mean we flattered to deceive, we had some poor performances too, we didn't win games in either September or January but some were by the barest of margins or late goals that succumbed us to defeat. We lost heavily just once, to Barcelona at the Nou Camp, 5-0. 

The Copa del Rey on the other hand, embarrassing, a first round exit at the hands of Merida. 

Just three players scored average ratings over 7.00 but at least a handful of others were in the 6.9s, so they were close to that hallowed mark. Angel Luna top scored with 21 goals, all in the league, which saw him finish 2nd in the league scoring chart, behind Dusan Vlahovic (at R.Madrid) and ahead of Joelinton (at Girona). Wonderkid, Franck Romero had a decent season along with Pablo Torre, the former notching seven goals and making nine assists and is now wanted by Barcelona. 

Off the pitch we made further developments, the Training Facilities were upgraded to Superb whilst the Youth Facilities were maxed out at State of the Art. Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment is also maxed out. Wages have began to creep up with almost all first team players wanting a new contract to reflect their LaLiga status and I duly obliged, we're now spending circa £340k per week, which is still the lowest in the league. 

Financially we're fine, we operate within our means, the TV money pays the wages and the expenditure elsewhere is minimal. The youth setup is costing us £5.5m per season but we rely heavily on it and will continue to do so. 

25116aa840bfc72e306762f2f55f1764.png

21207577579af6f719fbda2387335939.png

Transfers - Summer 2027

We're obviously limited to who we can sign, now there's just one player who I would like to sign but he's too far out of reach for us, value wise. 

Esteban Robles spent last season on loan at Zaragoza and did well, improved and has returned to Vigo as a first team player, albeit as a winger. The £24m valuation is his release clause value, which I would pay if I had the funds to do so. 

Beyond just looking at Robles, we did no other business in the window. 

d7a1d4bb9904419291589a31a8fc670e.png

But what we did do was promote some players to the first team. 

Mahamadou Pareda | Progress - with Saul turning 32 and his physicals already starting to decline its a good time to promote Pereda from the U19's. The Model Citizen personality has worked wonders as he has improved all three aspects of his game including some real leaps for certain attributes; +4 Marking, Anticipation and Positioning, +5 Off the Ball and +6 Decisions as we worked on his defensive positioning and attacking movement. 

Angel Martos | Progress - another position worth promoting in, Inigo and Emeterio are 29 and 30 respectively and younger legs will allow us to rotate more. We've retrained Martos role wise, he was capable at DM but more comfortable at CM but we are going to utilise him at DM as the half back. He spent the back half of last season on loan at Tenerife, playing 15 games for them which helped his development. +3 Teamwork and Workrate, +4 Marking and Decisions as well as great physical development. 

Abraham Lominchar | Progress - He's developed the least of the three but he is the youngest of them. Still, he done well, working on his mental attributes rather than his technical ability initially but we've now moved onto his passing/vision to try and improve that further.  

We've also limited the amount of players going out on loan this summer with just four leaving in total. We'll look to give the more promising players tailored individual training for the first half of the season then loan them out in the 2nd half to teams which will give them the most game time. 

That's a stunning first season to finish 8th. I have to totally agree with the squad dymanics, it seems to help lower ranked players play above themselves in a settled squad that just putting 10 new players together every season! Glad to see some youth prospects graduating to the first team, but it is a slow process to build up and finally get a yearly rotation of new players who can set up to the first team!

Let's hope you can continue your great form in the La Liga once more, sometimes harder than the first one!

11 minutes ago, theBlackPrince said:

That's a stunning first season to finish 8th. I have to totally agree with the squad dymanics, it seems to help lower ranked players play above themselves in a settled squad that just putting 10 new players together every season! Glad to see some youth prospects graduating to the first team, but it is a slow process to build up and finally get a yearly rotation of new players who can set up to the first team!

Let's hope you can continue your great form in the La Liga once more, sometimes harder than the first one!

Thanks, its better than where I wanted to be to honest but I didn't expect to be in the top flight for another two seasons at least. The takeover has fast tracked things. 

I've always felt that way with the dynamics since its been implemented in the game and I guess that mirrors real life to a degree, although we don't see what new signings does the morale of existing players in real life. 

The production line is certainly starting to thrive with 3 our of 4 influences being maxed out and the training facilities on the way to also being maxed out. Obviously we need to then work on our reputation which comes off the back of results. 

This season has started Ok, 12th after eight games but we've played Real Madrid (1st last season), Sevilla (6th) and Bilbao (4th) as well as Villarreal and Valencia who finished below us. 

Youth Intake - March 2028

7a1bd179e62470d0f3b88a7b8b845972.png

This was tagged as an excellent intake and a golden generation and thats still the case but in my opionion, thats not the case. 

295e930d2dff9a200c3804fd55daeec1.png

e04f7058fed1fb5a9f4fe82b59b37d2c.png

Camilo Silva - a promising striker with finishing of six, no thanks. He will be training for the left wing to utilise his pace and acceleration. 

Spoiler

dd46df57ff203ccf8c008338772ea4a7.jpg
8dfdd1aab9f8f4ebda39ac50766fd2e1.png

NxtGen - March 2028

a6010942fe2c7bab5f34c5c77c9fb56b.png

Three players in this years NxtGen with two in the top 10. 

Francisco Arevalo - still only 16 and playing in the U19s. 23 goals and 21 assists in 24(1) games for them.

Mahamadou Pereda - first choice LB in the senior team, three goals and four assists in 36 games.

Chechu - normally players for the U19s but comes off the bench for the B team. Improving well. 

2027/28 Season Review

Another successful season for Racing Santander as we improved on last seasons 8th place finish to record a 5th place finish. That probably wasn't the biggest surprise of the season though a Celta Vigo were crowned champions, seven points ahead of 2nd placed Barcelona. 

We had a slow start to the season, finding our feet in the league once more but by the half way point of the season we were in 8th place. I would have been happy to finish around that position this season. A couple of expected slip ups against Real Madrid and Sevilla saw us dip down the table but a strong run of eight wins on the bounce including three 1-0 wins over Villarreal, Valencia and Athletico Madrid saw us rise up once more and settle inside the top six. 

An inevitable loss against Barcelona ended the winning streak in gameweek 31 but a win over Sociedad followed. Another loss at the hands of Betis was followed by draw with 19th placed Elche. We hammered Girona then lost to Celta Vigo as ourselves and Athletico Madrid traded places game after game. We won the remaining two fixtures of the season against Osasuna and Mallorca to hold off Ath. Madrid. 

We had secured European football however before the league was finished by winning the Copa del Rey, something I wasn't expecting to do just yet. We actually won all of our games in the competition which is even more pleasing. Quintanar del Rey, Alfaro and Tenerife were disaptched in the early rounds, as were tough opponents in Sevilla and Celta Vigo. We got the luck of the draw in the semi-finals as we faced Girona whereas Real Madrid and Barcelona would face of in the other semi-final. A comfortable 4-0 aggregate win would see us face Real Madrid in the final, the end of the road I thought. Reaching the final was enough in itself, we headed to Barcelona for the final as just 33319 fans turned up to see us win the game in the 4th minute of added time. Angel Luna was the hero of the competition despite not scoring in the final, he scored 11 goals to set a new record for the competition. 

177ede5f64e8ac013b5171fe0c7eeecc.png

Angel Luna scored 36 goals in 46 games this season, with 25 coming in the league which saw him come 2nd in the goal scoring chart behind Real Madrid's Dusan Vlahovic who netted 26. Thats now 146 goals in 174 games since joining from Guijuelo for just £175k. Franck Romero and Pablo Torre both struck double figures for goals and assists, making a vital contributions to the team and both have signed new long term deals to stay with the club and fend off interesting from the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona and some Premier League clubs. There was plenty of gametime for the promoted youngsters, Lominchar 19(9) games, Pereda with 45 starts at left back and Martos 44(2) at Half Back. 

We still a self sufficient club, our income covers our costs at the moment. Wages have increased, the likes of Torre is on £70k p/w now and Romero the next highest on £43k p/w but we're still under our current wage budget by £24k p/w. The youth setup is holding firm at yearly cost of £5.5m which is fine. 

7ed5a99dd179c9d6026788c958d28595.png

e13007be10dec087071a2ff4fadb796c.png

Off Season - Summer 2028

The B team got promoted last season from the Federation 2 Group 2, winning their play-off game against Calahorra. They now find themselves in the Federation 1A which is where we started this save. I have flushed out the B team with more players from the U19s, not the best players but given them a decent enough squad to hopefully compete. They're predicted to finish the season in 14th

We gave Angel Martos, Angel Luna and Adrian Corral new contracts extending their stays with the club until 2033, 2033 and 2032 respectively. We also made one major signing;

e05c8da16372a16fc095870128774f27.png

We finally have signed Esteban Robles from Celta Vigo. I wasn't planning on signing him but Southampton put a bid in, so I did for the same amount. Then Leicester and Bayern Munich made offers which were less than ours and they were eventually rejected. It said he would rather stay in Spain so we were in pole position, he wan't upwards of £90k per week but we managed to get him down to £80k p/w. Robles will play on the left as a winger, which means Romero who was on the left will move inside to CM and pair up with Torre as twin Mezzalla's. 

We managed to add two new affiliate clubs; 

aefa27b6c62cf482bf2f639943b26d1c.png

I actaully cancelled the link to three teams from the Cantabria region as they weren't producing any newgens but we added ES Sahel from Tunisia and Torrelavega who are in a playbale league and from the region. 

2028/29 Season Review

A slightly poorer season this time round as we finished in 7th place. Whilst thats two places lower than last season we had Europe to contend with this season and we have the Conference League to contend with next season. What was a little disappointing was that we only managed two wins against teams that finished above us, beating Sociedad and Athletico Madrid. 

Straight into the Europa League group stage this season where we would face Sparta Prague, Lyon and Basel. We dominated the group going unbeaten and winning five from six, we even got time to give some youth players in the last group game. We faced German side Frankfurt in the 2nd KO Round, we drew 1-1 in Germany but lost the 2nd leg at home 2-0

A Quarter Final exit this season in the Copa del Rey, Extremadura and Bilbao beaten in the rounds previously before Barcelona turned up. We were drawing 1-1 and went to extra time, quality told as we lost 5-1 in the end

Angel Luna continues to defy his attributes and scores another 30 goals this season with 22 in the league which saw him end as the leagues top scorer. Pablo Torre had a rip-roaring season in central midfield, scoring 20 goals and making 17 assists. Lominchar, Robles and Romero all scoring just under double figures for goals with the latter making 14 assists. 

We lost plenty of money this season, we spent £19m on Robles a new club record purchase and wages are now at just over £24m per season. The owner hasn't put any money in this season either so we're down to £12m in the bank. 

e532f223bf4793d612a9af6472c4c9dd.png

220772f482c4decfb714381e4997c12a.png

Transfer Update - Feb 2030

We haven't bought anyone, as there's no one who available who can improve my team at the moment. We did however sell a few players in the summer and in this winter window. 

66f38f9051560ae5e83c2c37d1832d4a.png

Pedro Aguilar was surplus to requirements and had a contract which was due to end summer 2030, so we shipped him to Malaga for a modest fee. Inigo had been out of the team recently and at 30 years old wanted game time which we couldn't offer him, another modest fee gained. 

and thank you Mr Chairman, he intervened and sold Robles to Newcastle for £34m, citing the offer was too good to refuse. We had rejected bids in the mid-£20m for him from Newcastle and Chelsea. Newcastle came back on deadline day and he was gone in one foul swoop. I've recalled Francisco Arevalo from Numantia to slot in at LW. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update - Jan 2032

This save is very much still going, I just got a little bored of updating the thread. So a brief overview below;

e8f5f15d507c8ce075d3a7a28bfd9914.png

Our best season yet last time out with a 3rd placed finish, we've won back-to-back European titles, the Conference League over Fulham in 2030 and then beating Bologna in the Europa League final a year later. We're in the Champions League this season and through to the 1st KO Round but it would be a stretch if we were to win that in our first season in the competition. 

I replaced Luna upfront with Chechu who came through the youth intake and he has done extremely well; I actually sold Luna to Fenerbahce for £11m I think it was. Torre is now 28 and the oldest in the team and his numbers have continued to grow, double figures for goals and assists each season which has seen him wanted by a host of top teams. 

We now having roughly £80m in the bank, the stadium being expanded and facilities still maxed out, I checked the editor we actually have 20's for all four metrics. 

I've had offers from Real Madrid, Barceloan, Ath. Madrid, Manchester Utd, Valencia and a host of national sides to take the reigns at their club but the job isn't complete yet. We need a league title, that Champions League and a Club World Cup title for this save to be over. 

• 2 weeks later...

Save Update - End of 2034/35 Season

Save completed, we've won the league and the Champions League. 

2a605f591b22f1c3c78716472aab204e.png

We've actually won four titles on the trot and won every European title there is now. We have qualified for the Club World Cup but its in two years time. 

Here's the first team;

Carlos | Prada - Lavin - Corral - Pereda | Martos | Karamoko - Torre | Lominchar - Romero | Chechu

0bdd9d795f5f02f6c7f57bec5fce55b6.png

If I can't get into another save I may well come back to this one as we have a number of very good prospects at the club plus a new stadium being built and the fact we have qualified for the CWC. 

• 1 year later...
26 minutes ago, HugoA said:

I’ve loved reading this thread, and think i’ve asked you this before, but are you able to send the list of city’s/towns you inserted in the search filter to just show Cantabria born players? Thanks! 

I don't think I had a definitive list of places but if you start a game and then select your manager as Spanish, then when you select the place of birth each place has its region beside. You'll have to manually create a list using them and then create your shortlist in-game. 

Hope this helps.