Add 2nd manager in the same game.

Just now, Hovis Dexter said:

Do you manager two teams that are connected in some way or are your managers completely unrelated .... or ?

Not connected really, but I play with teams that have similar philosophies and are pretty much on the similar level, so there is some rivalry between them. I always try to keep things realistic, when it comes to transfers i buy particular players to the teams they would probably join in real life.

My idea for this year's long term save is to play as 8 managers.

9 hours ago, gggfunk said:

You can even have many more than two, I highly recommend this way of play. You won't be bored.

I tried it and did get bored. I like to immerse myself in a career, treating the players as if they're my own family. I found that in managing multiple clubs, I couldn't relate to the personnel of either.

8 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I tried it and did get bored. I like to immerse myself in a career, treating the players as if they're my own family. I found that in managing multiple clubs, I couldn't relate to the personnel of either.

Yeah, it is definitely one of disadvantages of this kind of play.

I also like to relate to my players and staff, but I can't resist of managing all my favorite clubs, hence I play as multiple managers. It's a curse to like many teams.

On 11/02/2022 at 18:44, kentonizking said:

Yes

On 11/02/2022 at 18:47, Hovis Dexter said:

If you have two managers the game alternates between the two as you click through it.

On 11/02/2022 at 18:47, gggfunk said:

You can even have many more than two, I highly recommend this way of play. You won't be bored.

And how you add your 2nd manager? I'm playing FM mobile version and I can't find how...please give me some instructions.Thank you

On 11/02/2022 at 18:37, gggfunk said:

Not connected really, but I play with teams that have similar philosophies and are pretty much on the similar level, so there is some rivalry between them. I always try to keep things realistic, when it comes to transfers i buy particular players to the teams they would probably join in real life.

My idea for this year's long term save is to play as 8 managers.

I used to really like doing this but have found it less and less enjoyable with the recent versions of the game and tend to just stick with the one team per save now.

15 minutes ago, OldManPar77 said:

I used to really like doing this but have found it less and less enjoyable with the recent versions of the game and tend to just stick with the one team per save now.

Why do you think it is less enjoyable with the recent versions? I've started doing this only from FM 21, never tried it on older versions, what was the difference back then?

33 minutes ago, gggfunk said:

Why do you think it is less enjoyable with the recent versions? I've started doing this only from FM 21, never tried it on older versions, what was the difference back then?

For me, its the increased player chats, media, contract, etc interactions.  I know there's a fair chunk that can be delegated but it depends how much you trust the staff to adhere to wage structure, etc

I had an FM11 game with multiple teams that I was still playing in 2017 although had bought other versions I kept going back to it. It just flowed a lot better for managing multiple teams in my opinion

2 hours ago, OldManPar77 said:

For me, its the increased player chats, media, contract, etc interactions.  I know there's a fair chunk that can be delegated but it depends how much you trust the staff to adhere to wage structure, etc

I had an FM11 game with multiple teams that I was still playing in 2017 although had bought other versions I kept going back to it. It just flowed a lot better for managing multiple teams in my opinion

I get it.

Actually I'd still prefer to manage only 1 or 2 teams at once, but my problem is I can't resist of playing all my favourite teams. While waiting for the winter update after which I'll start my long term save, I'm still thinking if it's better to have one big save with 9 managers, or maybe devide it into 3 saves with 3 teams each. Both ideas have both pros and cons.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...