"Trains With Team" and Ignoring Roles

anagain

I'm not in football so I know the experts will better understand this but I figured I'd mention it.

I hear it said a player is "training with the team" quite often in football. Wasn't Eriksen training with Brentford before he signed. Wilshere used to train with AFCB.

Can we have an option in game that allows us to offer a very basic wage for a player to train with the team?

You might just say "get him in of a free" bit I will counter by saying sometimes you don't have the wages at the time but might want to get that player in later. "Just set his contract to start later", you'll say. I don't know how my wage situation will look in three months.

Maybe the trialling mechanic in game works in a similar way. I don't know the ins and outs. Do players get any money for a 4 week trial? I also find it very frustrating if you want a further look at a player you have to re-trial him. You can't just extend the trial.

Maybe it can be looked at as a cheat way of playing the game. Maybe there should be a board triallists fund and they'll only let you bring in a certain number of triallists. Maybe there could be expenses for allowing players to train with the team.

I'd also like to see something like used as a way to build rappor with a player. We've all seen random players suddenly reture because they could get a contract. It can stop that and it can allow you to make a player want to join your team more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At my current club I have no youth setup. We don't recruit players that way. I still get a staff meeting suggestion to sign a Head of Youth Development every month though.

image.png.233650186952dd83111ae83c5921d97f.png

Can we have a little tickbox to say "don't remind me of this"?

Or maybe simply if the team doesn't have youth recruitment then you don't need a HOYD and the job is greyed out. I've looked but I can't see that he does anything but bring in youth players.

• 8 months later...