Work permits

As I’m currently playing in England, i understand that the work permit issues have been stricter due to brexit etc. I have been trying to scout players from South America and Africa, and rightly so only about 1 in 10 somehow manages to get a work permit.

Is there a specific criterion to how a player might obtain a work permit or is it merely a hit and miss?

3 minutes ago, Joshuayeoh said:

As I’m currently playing in England, i understand that the work permit issues have been stricter due to brexit etc. I have been trying to scout players from South America and Africa, and rightly so only about 1 in 10 somehow manages to get a work permit.

Is there a specific criterion to how a player might obtain a work permit or is it merely a hit and miss?

Intl. caps helps, but other than that it is pretty random I think.

• SI Staff

Work Permits vary slightly from country to country in terms of their requirements - but they're often somewhat 'vague' and is largely reputation based (outside of caps) ... which is why they can be somewhat erratic and obviously you can 'appeal' any decisions.

If you want to improve your 'hit rate' look for players who might have tenuous links to the continent/country you're within and this might make then not need a work-permit or more elligable (depending on circumstances).

Not sure if Marc will be happy with the 'tip' as its a bit like cheating but you can unlock it easy picking an english club with a lot of wages money, look for free players and sort by int caps (adebayor, kolarov, etc) and after about 20 signings you will be done.

Edited by MatiasDFS

Thanks Marc!

However can you please elaborate on “tenuous links to the continent/country”. From my limited knowledge, it seems that the status for players are the same as long as they are outside the UK.

As I’m mainly signing fresh regens (16 y/o’s) it feels like the international caps factor doesn’t apply here. Is there any logical reason why my senegalese (16y/o with no caps) kid succeeded in his appeal while the another Venezuelan (16y/o with no caps) kid failed his?

ps: english player tax is real that’s why i need to explore the depths of south america