Help with adding more than 512 teams in a knockout competition

petepompei

Hi there, 

I am trying to increase the number of teams taking part in a knockout competition which is set at 512 max in the editor.

I remember achieving this a few years back (I have been away for a while from the editor) with the game resource archiver by extracting a file and later altering the 512 team limit with a notepad app. Unfortunately, I don't remember the steps to do this. Would anybody be kind enough to walk me through this, please?

Thanking the community in advance for any help.

512.jpg

55 minutes ago, petepompei said:

Hi there, 

I am trying to increase the number of teams taking part in a knockout competition which is set at 512 max in the editor.

I remember achieving this a few years back (I have been away for a while from the editor) with the game resource archiver by extracting a file and later altering the 512 team limit with a notepad app. Unfortunately, I don't remember the steps to do this. Would anybody be kind enough to walk me through this, please?

Thanking the community in advance for any help.

512.jpg

Add in a single competition and go through the steps on the screen.

Export your file as an .xml file.

Open said xml file in either Notepad or Notepad++ and find the competition ID that goes with your cup you’ve made.

In the number of teams part of the code, change this to however many teams you want.

Save the .xml file.

Load the database again in the editor, and import said xml.

You can then add in more competitions to the get teams from screen, with the right number of teams you need in each.

You will have make changes to the cup rounds to show you want them to be.

Hope that helps, give me a shout if you need any more advice.

The notepad trick never worked for me (maybe I did wrong?). Follow what I did here:

There's a 512 team limit, so you have to make a second competition in basic rules and you can put another 512 teams in it. Then you make a 3rd competition with the winners from both meeting up. The amount of teams in these competitions has to be divisible by 4 or 8, so if you want to make an odd number of teams, you'd make to additionally make some other competitions to use as qualifiers.

You want to make all 3 competitions in basic rules first then head over to advanced rules. If you go from advanced rules > basic rules, you will lose all the teams and other details.

You can also just use my save file in that thread and swap the teams out for teams of your liking (though you won't be able to rename the comp).

You are also not limited to 1024 teams. You could repeat the process and make this tournament even larger.

Edited by FM21_Scout