When scouting players, add options to fully scouting players

Jamaicaman90

Hello,

My idea is to allow scouts to use a bit of 'common sense discretion' based on criteria when scouting, to allow them to be a it more efficient and allow the player to be a bit less involved in micromanagement, particuarly as the Chief Scout role exists that should allow for this.

Either on an individual level or as a high level overall policy, I think we should have the option to include triggers to cancel a 'Fully Scout Player (Until Full Knowledge)' assignment automatically if certain criteria are met, and perhaps could be included as a type of shortlist.

The way I'd have it set up would look like this:

• A shortlist of players I am interested in signing. If I add players to this shortlist, nothing happens to them other than being in that shortlist. I may or may not choose to tick the 'Keep Scout Reports up to date' button.
  • A shortlist where if I add players to it, they automatically get added as a 'Fully Scout Player (Until Full Knowledge)' assignment. This is a change already, however the bigger change would be that I set it up so that if the transfer value minimum range exceeds a certain amount, or the scouted potential star rating maximum goes below a certain amount (e.g. if the last two of the five stars become fully grayed-out), the assignment is cancelled and the player is removed from the shortlist.

This would be the equivalent of telling the scouting team that if it becomes clear that a player's value is too high for us to consider signing, or it's clear that they'll never be as good as what I'm looking for, they can move on to other players without me having to check in every week to tell them on a case by case basis. This could be a staff responsibility too, where either you are in control of it and scouts approach you to ask if a player should be removed from the shortlist (giving you the chance to see the player and potentially add them to your normal shortlist), or otherwise you can delegate it to the Chief Scout/DoF to do it for you and not be bothered by them.

• 8 months later...