Winter Update

3 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

We say it's being investigated as the hope is that all raised issues will be fixed - it just comes down to time, resource and the complexity of the specific issue.

The intent behind communicating in this way is clearly sound, but speaking from experience I think you guys need to be a little bit careful about how you do this.

For example, one of my bugbears with regards to the ME has, for a long time, been the behaviour of wide players in the AM strata. The issue has been raised with developers in the bug forum across several consecutive editions by a wide swathe of different users. Every year it's been met by some one-line variation on "we're investigating/hope to fix this". The first time, this is fine. The fourth time, it starts feeling like you're politely being told to **** off and find something else to moan about.

The longer an issue goes unfixed, IMO, the greater the need for very clear communication. Even something along the lines of "this simply isn't a priority for us to fix" or "this would require more work than is reasonable relative to the scale of the issue" would do, but "we're investigating" year-on-year-on-year does not come off well even when the intent is pure as snow.

Edited by Sneaky Pete