[FM 22] Regens

I didn't buy FM22 yet and I would like to have some information about regens, since I like long saves. In FM21 I couldn't find RBs or LBs with good crossing, dribbling and technique, I was also struggling to get DM tall and strong. This year the things are changed a bit?

They are pretty much the same. I did an in depth analysis a while ago and reported it in the bug forum. It was acknowledged so I'm hoping it's fixed in the next update. It's also been a problem in the past several versions of the game so I'm leaning that it won't be fixed but hopefully not.

Here's the report if you wanted to take a look. It's not a problem with only wingback crossing and dribbling but multiple attributes have strange distributions on Regens regardless of position.

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/medical-and-development-centre-training-and-finances/analysis-on-regen-attribute-distribution-r6052/?tab=comments#comment-35909

Edited by Yellowbucket58

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/02/2022 at 18:35, Yellowbucket58 said:

They are pretty much the same. I did an in depth analysis a while ago and reported it in the bug forum. It was acknowledged so I'm hoping it's fixed in the next update. It's also been a problem in the past several versions of the game so I'm leaning that it won't be fixed but hopefully not.

Here's the report if you wanted to take a look. It's not a problem with only wingback crossing and dribbling but multiple attributes have strange distributions on Regens regardless of position.

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/medical-and-development-centre-training-and-finances/analysis-on-regen-attribute-distribution-r6052/?tab=comments#comment-35909

Have you seen any improvement since the winter update?

• Administrators

Actually commented on this in the feedback thread the other day. Given the nature of attribute weighting and distribution by position would require large scale rewrites of the entire player newgen code and balancing across the entire game, even for something as small as boosting a certain set of attributes for a set position. Given the balancing, potential for knock-ons and significant amount of resource this would require, this isn't really something that can be altered at this stage. It is something the team are aware of and will be looked at for future versions.