Director of Football FM22

How do i prevent my DOF from making offers for players that are not going to be good enough for my squad. I have given him responsibilities for finding fist team, U23s and youth players, but he only seems to find 20 year olds with 1 or 2 star ratings. i have the option to confirm and offer contracts. Is there a setting where i can request a certain level of player?

i am currently in my 3rd season playing with Nottingham Forest and is my 2nd in the premiership. My DOF is Victor Orta. Adaptability 16. JPA 17. JPP 19. Negotiation 18.

thank you in advance

3 hours ago, 2 Left Feet said:

How do i prevent my DOF from making offers for players that are not going to be good enough for my squad. I have given him responsibilities for finding fist team, U23s and youth players, but he only seems to find 20 year olds with 1 or 2 star ratings. i have the option to confirm and offer contracts. Is there a setting where i can request a certain level of player?

i am currently in my 3rd season playing with Nottingham Forest and is my 2nd in the premiership. My DOF is Victor Orta. Adaptability 16. JPA 17. JPP 19. Negotiation 18.

thank you in advance

He wont only sign high potential players, he will also sign players to fill up the squads if they are low on players - this is equally as important as finding high potential players.

If you lack depth, he will find squad players to fill. 

The DOF actually signed all of my best players by himself…So no it’s not worthless. Also wages are based on the negotiation attribute.

If you are not accustomed to signing squad players and are pretty much filling the bench with starting 11 type of players, then yes these type of signings by the DOF would seem off.