Youngsters declining

Hi, I have recently started a new save with FC Utrecht and I want to build it on developing youngsters, but for some reasons, a lot of them are declining. I know that it can happen irl, but the thing that almost every second player in my team is either stagnating or declining concerns me. You can see my facilities, coaches and schedules I use in images below and also some examples of that players. Am I doing something wrong?

Snímek obrazovky (44).png

Snímek obrazovky (45).png

Snímek obrazovky (46).png

Snímek obrazovky (47).png

Snímek obrazovky (48).png

Snímek obrazovky (49).png

Snímek obrazovky (50).png

I hate this too, and it is very annoying, poorly implemented, and I have no idea why it exists, but it is temporary, or it is attributes relocaton, and they will eventually retain their attributes. 

( development needs rework with dynamic potential implemented ) 

I had Vinicus Junior in Lyon, one of the top wonderkids in the game, I won Champions League, he finished the season with above 8.0 average rating, and he had dribbling and acceleration attributes lower by 1 than at the start of the season, after the season of his life, at the age of 22.

Just search the topics here with attributes declining title, there are some detailed explanations why this nonsense happens.

Edited by Marko1989

This thing also happens to me, I have the structures at the top, technical collaborators at the top, and the young players play almost all the games but the attributes continue to drop ... I had to sell players who at the beginning of the season were strong, then the attributes dropped too much and became garbage

Edited by xRobyx93

23 hours ago, MrPompey said:

Are they playing regular 1st team football? If not loan them out, thats the best way to develop them rather than them stagnating in reserves

My B team plays 2nd tier a those players aren't ready imo even for this, so why would I loan them.

1 minute ago, Pepsi91 said:

My B team plays 2nd tier a those players aren't ready imo even for this, so why would I loan them.

Thats up to you pal. If they arent playing regular football, ideally 1st team (could be loaned to a much lower league team) then that could be the reason their stats decline

On 25/02/2022 at 15:19, MrPompey said:

Thats up to you pal. If they arent playing regular football, ideally 1st team (could be loaned to a much lower league team) then that could be the reason their stats decline

If the b team is playing in the second tier then that is first team football

2 hours ago, Platinum said:

If the b team is playing in the second tier then that is first team football

But the players in question are on his U18 squad. He's saying they aren't ready for his B team who apparently play in the 2 division. So that means he needs to loan them out to a lower division to receive 1st team football.

Im pretty sure there is a training note about the players needing a bigger challenge. People like to ignore these things...

2 hours ago, MrPompey said:

LOL - have it your way

My second team is also in the second division. Is there any difference between loaning out to a team in the same division to my own second team? I have better facilities, and they play the same amount of matches in the same league, and they become home grown. Is there a big advantage I dont know about when it comes to loaning out young players?

VkFAetI.png

15 hours ago, Speedyol said:

My second team is also in the second division. Is there any difference between loaning out to a team in the same division to my own second team? I have better facilities, and they play the same amount of matches in the same league, and they become home grown. Is there a big advantage I dont know about when it comes to loaning out young players?

VkFAetI.png

If they are outmatched and aren't performing well in the league then they won't develop.

15 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

But the players in question are on his U18 squad. He's saying they aren't ready for his B team who apparently play in the 2 division. So that means he needs to loan them out to a lower division to receive 1st team football.

Im pretty sure there is a training note about the players needing a bigger challenge. People like to ignore these things...

Yep you're right, I misread the message.

My approach is that unless they have weakness that I want to develop then I generally try and get some of my decent to good prospects loans once 17/18 if the training level will be decent and the league level matches their skills level, but theres so many different ways to develop  a player. A high potential player that is very close to first team football and has a chance of getting matches for my team as a sub will normally  stay at my club

Edited by Platinum

On 26/02/2022 at 19:46, Mars_Blackmon said:

Unfortunately, there isn't. Even the coach report says the level of these players is 2nd division or even lower. Just got affiliate club in Poland 1st tier with a decent facilities, so I will try to loan those players there and see if they develop better.

And I also made one discovery. Even though the game says that for under 18 players training is more important than games, those players develop much better when I move them to first team and let them play U18 matches. It's weird, because my first team have a lot of 2 games in a single week, so they have much less training sessions.

1 hour ago, tomleek95 said:

I have the same problem with AZ.

My youngsters also play in the second Division (and are in first place!) But a lot just decline.

I have just started a new season and I am doing a little experiment. I tried to narrow down the B and U18 squad. Last year I have about 25 players in both teams and I discovered that the manager rotates the squad enormously. Now I have only 17 players in both, so everyone should play a lot. We will see if that helps.

Things I've found:

- Sometimes players will have an off month, not a big worry if it's a one off.

- if your youth manager has been playing them in a new position, you might find they have a small drop in attributes to account for the rebalancing of their CA.

- if a player is not developed over the last couple of months, it's worth criticising them for not developing. It works 99% of the time even if their training rating is high. Less professional personalities might try to argue with you.

If you criticise poor training enough, then praise them when they work hard enough times, you can actually get a Workrate attribute increase of 1.

I used to criticise/praise once per week for this reason.

By season end, about 3 or 4 players had increased their Workrate attributes by 1.

I will try to add training schedules which aim more for "team" rather than "units"; like Physical, Outfield, Overall, Defending, Attacking, Possession and increase the workload for individual. Like adding Additional Focus, Double Intensity etc.

The fruits of training require at least 3 months to see any noticeable results.

However, ask for more coaches, having at least 1 coach per category (like Attacking - Tactical, U18) and not using any senior coach to train youth.

On 02/03/2022 at 12:11, fc.cadoni said:

I will try to add training schedules which aim more for "team" rather than "units"; like Physical, Outfield, Overall, Defending, Attacking, Possession and increase the workload for individual. Like adding Additional Focus, Double Intensity etc.

The fruits of training require at least 3 months to see any noticeable results.

However, ask for more coaches, having at least 1 coach per category (like Attacking - Tactical, U18) and not using any senior coach to train youth.

You think using senior coaches to training youth teams affects the training of youngsters?