Nations

Celtic501

10 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

You can add more, but if you want all teams to participate in the qualifiers, you will need to adjust those.

Also, from memory Europe doesn't like more than 55 nations.

I see so it would be easier just to have a finals stage with no qualification. 

Depends on the continent. Some adjust pretty well to extra nations (I believe Asia handles it very well), others not so well. Europe has issues if you go above a certain number, I've never tried it but I imagine South America would have issues if you were to add any there too. Africa would probably be ok. I imagine North America could work, but would require more effort due to the Nations League there. Europe both requires more effort because of the Nations League and tends to freak out if you go too low or too high.

On 03/03/2022 at 04:34, rusty217 said:

Depends on the continent. Some adjust pretty well to extra nations (I believe Asia handles it very well), others not so well. Europe has issues if you go above a certain number, I've never tried it but I imagine South America would have issues if you were to add any there too. Africa would probably be ok. I imagine North America could work, but would require more effort due to the Nations League there. Europe both requires more effort because of the Nations League and tends to freak out if you go too low or too high.

What if you removed the nations league in Europe would it be more accepting of nation entries? 

10 hours ago, Celtic501 said:

What if you removed the nations league in Europe would it be more accepting of nation entries? 

The Nations League isn't the problem. It uses set teams. Adding more won't have any change whatsoever to that, you could manually add them to the Nations League or leave them out entirely, it would still work either way.

The problem is the European Championship Qualifying. IIRC it's set up for a maximum of 55 countries. Europe starts with 55 countries so no more can be added without breaking that. International competitions are often linked too, so breaking one usually breaks others as well. Completing re-creating basically all European international competitions might work.

Not sure about what Wolf is saying above, maybe there are issues with club competitions, or just database hard limits too? But I know Euro qualifiers are definitely an issue (although one that could be fixed, albeit with a lot of effort).

No, the limit is in the amount of nation for the European Championship. The remark was about the nations league, that the limit of 55 had already been found before the nations league was ever in the game. So removing the nations league won't work. Echoing you.