Can you help me with my tactic to better run the trequartista role?

The trequartista is very creative but doesn't press. You're playing gegenpressing and very direct with a TF. Why use a trequartista in the first place?

I also don't like the Treq TF DLF combination, TF have a focus play instruction (like playmakers) and the DLF sits deeper so most of the time the midfield will play long passes to the TF and when the trequartista gets the ball, he will also play to the TF. I feel like that's wasting the creative potential. 

Your flat 442 midfield is also very defensive and the treq is in a position where you have to press. The diamond is better because you have 2 players in front of the treq who can press and 5 players behind him, vs 0 in front and 1 or 2 behind.

It would be much easier to use an IF, winger, inverted winger, advanced playmaker instead of the treq. I'm not sure what to recommend because I don't really understand why you want to use a treq or what you want this player to do.

Edited by chewbaccaloveaddiction

1 saat önce, chewbaccaloveaddiction said:

The trequartista is very creative but doesn't press. You're playing gegenpressing and very direct with a TF. Why use a trequartista in the first place?

I also don't like the Treq TF DLF combination, TF have a focus play instruction (like playmakers) and the DLF sits deeper so most of the time the midfield will play long passes to the TF and when the trequartista gets the ball, he will also play to the TF. I feel like that's wasting the creative potential. 

Your flat 442 midfield is also very defensive and the treq is in a position where you have to press. The diamond is better because you have 2 players in front of the treq who can press and 5 players behind him, vs 0 in front and 1 or 2 behind.

It would be much easier to use an IF, winger, inverted winger, advanced playmaker instead of the treq. I'm not sure what to recommend because I don't really understand why you want to use a treq or what you want this player to do.

Actually, my wish is for the team other than treq to press instead of my player in the treq role, and my other players to provide pressing power, but I aim to use the winning balls with treq and shoot from afar. I aim to be the main score generator along with TF.

1 hora atrás, chewbaccaloveaddiction disse:

This is not true, at all. If you have the right player with attributes like aggression, teamwork and workrate, he will press like any other player. 

8 hours ago, gokalpcakir1 said:

Actually, my wish is for the team other than treq to press instead of my player in the treq role, and my other players to provide pressing power, but I aim to use the winning balls with treq and shoot from afar. I aim to be the main score generator along with TF.

Still it is better to use aggressive/pressing roles (BWM, PF, DW...) than gengenpress, this style could see the treq be lost in the passages of play.

The Trequartista works best when he has people making forward runs (Either from deep or in front of him) and making space for him. You have one in your leftback but both your forwards have holding roles, the TF(A) will get the ball in good spaces if he has good decision and off the ball but he isn't going to make too many aggressive runs, he will ask for the ball to be played to his body (He has a very similar behaviour as the playmaker roles where he will kinda be a ball magnet, but a more direct one) and the DLF(s) will occupy the same spaces as the TQ and will also hold the ball as the TF.

I would play on the right with the Advanced Forward (Poacher can be good if you need a simple role that doesn't run with the ball or the PF(a) which is very similar to the AF but he has more participation in the build up) and a PF(s) on the other side.

Also you're playing with an extreme tempo in an already very aggressive mentality, try to slow down you play a little, the TQ is a creative role who is very active in your team play in the last third and having such aggresive instructions can make it hard for your team to find him enough times in good spaces. I personally would slow the tempo so your players remain taking risks while controlling the game a bit more.

I'd like to disagree on the "The Treq needs a goalscoring partner"-bit. While that is an easy way to use that role, it isn't a necessary one. Recently I've been using my Treq behind a F9-DLFa-combination and it is a pretty potent and unpredictable trio. It is hard to get all three out of the game and they can all score and assist.

---------------------------

I'd try the following:
1) Focus the play through the middle and make it shorter. This way the ball will reach the Treq once won and it will create spaces for the wingbacks that the TF can expoit. There are multiple ways to achieve this but it depends on the players whether or not it actually works. You'd have to experiment here. Personally, I'd tell the central midfielders to play shorter and change the CWBa to a WBau with the PIs to dribble less and to take less risks, optionally also to cross less often. This way the play will more likely stay in the middle but he will stay generate width and bomb forward and use the space for calculated risks, be it cutbacks to the Treq or unmarked crosses to the TF.

2) A Treq, especially one that has the PPM to come deep, works pretty well with an offensive-minded BWMs. The Treq drops down while the BWMs presses higher up or can be tweaked to run forward in possession. As the BWM is not a creative role like the MEZ; they will not try to dribble through opponents or do something risky. Instead they'll prefer to link up with shorter options or to just shoot from afar (which their often high strength makes pretty tricky).