Interaction options and joined-up thinking

Sunstrikuuu

I would really appreciate a look at the interaction system and how it interacts with itself and with other things in the game.  I just had a situation that demonstrates how the interaction system doesn't have the options it needs to.  I have a player who's a Team Leader in the squad hierarchy.  He's over 30 and is in his tenth season at the club.  At the start of last year, he had an expectation of First Team playing time, but that dropped steadily over the season, and going into the current year he's a Squad Player -- and third-choice at that.  So I didn't argue when he approached me asking for a new challenge.  I got a decent enough offer from a team he wanted to join, bing-bang, he's out in the January transfer window.

Then one of the other Team Leaders, the guy who's the club captain, approaches me, unhappy that I've sold the player.  I can defend my actions in several ways, including straight-up lying about FFPP and wage budgets and stuff.  But what I can't do is say something like "he was a fantastic servant to the club, and he felt like it was time to go, so I granted his request."

If interactions are going to have the effects they do, then they have to take into account all of the variables within a situation.  Right now it's like Russian roulette.   

• 7 months later...