What is the difference between an AM(a) and a SS(a)?

In terms of movement and positioning and their behaviours in the middle and final third, (don't really need to know how many instructions they have between each other because I already know that).

Edited by De Nile

7 minutes ago, diLLa88 said:

Shadow striker is more of a 2nd striker instead of a midfielder and will often end up in the box, whereas Attacking Midfielder operates more behind a striker as a "10".

So wouldn't the AM on attack move into the box also because of it attacking role or does it support play and make itself available in a higher position like a DLF would.

21 minutes ago, De Nile said:

So wouldn't the AM on attack move into the box also because of it attacking role or does it support play and make itself available in a higher position like a DLF would.

He does move into the box on occasion, but less so than the SS(a).

If there is a slider from left to right where left is focus on assists/passing and right is scoring goals, I would say that the AP is far left, AM is center and SS is far right.

1 hour ago, kentonizking said:

I play with a striker moved to the left side of centre and a SS moved to the right side of AM. This works really well as defence finds it difficult to pick up both. 

Yea, I do fairly the same, with a Striker in center forward and a SS(a) on AMC (right side). I've tried a striker on left side as well, but had more success with striker moved back to center as he would link up with the right side more often.

In the case the SS moves more to midfield, the striker stays in center, but it seems that whenever the SS moves more forward, the striker naturally moves a bit more to the left.