Stage from other competition causing update error? (solved)

rusty217

So I'm re-doing WC qualification. It all works out fine, except for Asia/Oceania. I have them running a combined final section. So Asia has 2 stages of WC qualification, Oceania 1, then there's a combined stage. The combined stage is a separate tournament which gets added as a stage from other competitions to the separate Asia/Oceania qualifiers (like the WC Playoff does in default rules). It all runs correctly and is added correctly. But the Asia/Oceania competitions seem to refresh for the new season before the combined stage finishes and then lose all of their history for the other stages.

Any suggestions for how to fix this? Been playing around with season update days etc. plenty already just to get the competitions running correctly. All the other continents now do, it's just these 2.

For example, here's the combined qualifiers for the 2030 WC, you can see it has data for the 2026 qualifiers too. Compare that to the individual qualifying sections, which displayed the earlier stages and combined stage before, but lost them part way through and now only show the 2022 qualifiers, prior to the format change.

Edit: Managed to fix it by adding a dummy "hidden" stage that runs until the end of the final combined stage. I guess competitions just update when they have no more stages left, even if they're taking an unfinished stage with another competition.

20220307205618_1.jpg

20220307205635_1.jpg

20220307205642_1.jpg

Edited by rusty217

• rusty217 changed the title to Stage from other competition causing update error? (solved)