World Cup 2022

Im am currently in my 2nd season with West Ham and 2 Premier League games away from the 2022 World Cup. I won the Europa League in my 1st season and qualified for the Champions League in which i was given a tough group against Dortmund, Napoli and Lyon. I topped the group and am also holding my own in the Premier League sitting in 3rd place 2 points off top. As a result my players are shattered and needing a rest. My question is what happens to my players who are not playing in the World Cup. Do they train as normal? Do they go away on holiday automatically or do i send them? 6 weeks without a game seems a long time to just train mid-season. Thanks

I don't like my team sitting idle for more than a week, so I'll send the most jaded players off on a vacation, then schedule a weekly friendly or a quick tour or even a weekend tournament against local clubs. It's rare that I have that many players called up, so I want to keep them busy so they stay fit and tactical familiarity doesn't drop off. 

Only 2 of my players, Vlasic and Zouma were called up for the World Cup. Declan Rice broke his arm the week before call ups. The rest of my team went on an automatic 2 week mid-season break. On return i was offered 3 friendlies which i accepted and im now ready to start back in the Premier League with all players refreshed