[Solved, I hope] New stage 0 can't find enough teams to be created (off by 1)

soulsick

Hi, I've been modifying a DB I've downloaded and I'm stuck.

The original DB used Basic Rules, but (unfortunately) I really want a few settings only available in advanced. Also when I first converted it into advanced it didn't verify right away, but some tweaks (and the removal of a competition) and it passed.

Some details about the DB:
The season is set to run from January to December.
Leagues should be over by May-July.
When running "test rules" it fails in November.
Original DB had 3 divisions, I've added the other divisions (originally it had 3 divisions, with different name/format (it had sub-divisions, I changed to groups since it appeared to work more like I wanted it to)).

From what I can tell, is seems to be a coin flip whether testing rules (for Bottom-League) passes or not. There have been times the verification failed, I immediately saved the DB again in a different file, without changing anything in the DB, and after verifying it just went through...

I've removed a 96-team promotion playoff from Bottom-League, and just have the 24 teams (top 1 of each group) go up directly, but that didn't seem to be the issue/solve it. I would prefer the playoff, but too tired right now to put it back in.

Before, the issue was always in bottom-league, it would say that New stage 0 only had 215 teams, but needed 216. Recently it "spread" to Lower-League 2, saying it only has 95 teams, needing 96 - now it went back to just the bottom, idk how/why. I don't know what else to do...

I'm currently in the process of removing all reserve/u19/etc teams associated with the teams in this system (to then create reserves + u20 teams). I've read in another post the issue might be in the reserves teams, but I think I've removed that from the current DB, so idk.

I'll give more details, when I wake up, if needed.

Thanks in advance

PS: On "Qualification Rules - Promotion Rules" there are 2 settings "Minimum/Maximum overall promotion places", their description is the "same", but minimum goes 0-100 while maximum goes 0-20. Shouldn't both allow 0-100?

Also, is there a way to disable all the international matches?
Edit: another thing, is there a way to remove the restriction of transferring u18 foreign players? I would like to remove that and freely transfer any player.

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by soulsick

I seem to have solved it, after a lot of headaches.

There was a team that was somehow bugged - Austin FC - it was not a B/2/II team or the like.
In-game (when the DB actually managed to be verified) this team reached playoffs, lost in the playoff final, and next season just went away from the league - I can't seem to find which team replaced it, but some did, as all groups are filled in the new season - Probably some random team in the league country.

My process to find the team was simple:

Select a group of teams (since the division had 216 teams, I grabbed 38)
Send the group to a new, empty, league

Find a new group of 38 teams and placed in the problematic division

Verify, if it fails, reset the division, and select a new group of 38 (from the original league). If it goes through, swap the groups a few times - verifying between each swap - to make sure it goes through every time.

Hope this helps someone else.

Edited by soulsick

• soulsick changed the title to [Solved, I hope] New stage 0 can't find enough teams to be created (off by 1)