How to increase staff attributes?

Does anyone know how staff members increase their own attributes? Do they get better over time, or do you have to have them train in categories that they are weak in to get better?

This is unrelated to hiring new staff. I'm curious about having current staff members/club legends improve their coaching attributes over time on my coaching staff.

I think young coaches automatically improve a little over time as well, even when they don't attent coaching courses.

I noticed that for some coaches I don't have the option to send them on a coaching course, does this mean they reached their potential? I am sure these 2 coaches have completed their last course. Also my HOYD refuses a course, is this because he is not a coach or is this because he is not ambitious to improve?

I think I read somewhere on the forum that a TD can help boost staff attributes a bit too. No idea if it's true, I think they said they had done some testing.

Found the thread I was referring to: https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/560510-staff-potential-ability/#comment-13372353

Edited by JAwtunes
Link