Being able to change start year

rusty217

I'd love an option to change the start year for edited databases. I've always wanted to try starting out at different dates. The 70s, 80s and 90s would all be interesting, but I think a game starting in the late 1800s with basically no history for any clubs/competitions would be pretty cool too.

I know it's unlikely to be a regular game feature due to licensing issues, but I don't see any reason why it couldn't be added as a feature in the editor.

I am not sure 1800 would be very feasible looking at the amount of teams in the database. It would probably need extra research, but I can support 70's, 80's (yes! :D ), 90's

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/03/2022 at 06:57, Wolf_pd said:

I am not sure 1800 would be very feasible looking at the amount of teams in the database. It would probably need extra research, but I can support 70's, 80's (yes! :D ), 90's

Wow, didn't realise there was a reply, sorry.

To me the ideal would be to have a fully featured in-game editor (ie. it can do everything that the pre-game editor can do) and then I can manually add new teams/competitions as years go by. I'd absolutely love to do that. I think it'd be really cool to start with hardly any teams, none in most countries, and then slowly build it up over time. See how long it takes countries to go from having no leagues/teams to being a football powerhouse, and if different countries developed to be the main footballing countries instead.