how many years to gain green card MLS?

According to the US Immigration website, there is no fixed timescale and can take anything from 1-4 years depending on your nationality and which visa you are applying for.  I am not sure how this is coded into the game.

It takes: Continuous 5 Years in the USA
The Screenshot is from the Pre-Game Editor and as you can see "Years to gain Nationality" and "Gain Nationality Type" are important here.
Gain Nationality Type can differ between Continuous and Accumulative.

Continuous:
Continuous means that player can not leave the country, if he leaves then counting will start from the beginning.

Accumulative: 
Accumulative means that a player can leave the country, transfer to another club, and when he eventually comes back, counting will continue on the number when he left the country.

Here is an old FM18 article about this. Even though it is old, most of the values there are still correct
https://www.footballmanagerblog.org/2017/11/football-manager-2018-years-to-gain-eu-nationality.html

usa.thumb.JPG.79688938713f4aec6ad9e4805d09bd18.JPG

Edited by GreatMarinho

20 hours ago, GreatMarinho said:

It takes: Continuous 5 Years in the USA
The Screenshot is from the Pre-Game Editor and as you can see "Years to gain Nationality" and "Gain Nationality Type" are important here.
Gain Nationality Type can differ between Continuous and Accumulative.

Continuous:
Continuous means that player can not leave the country, if he leaves then counting will start from the beginning.

Accumulative: 
Accumulative means that a player can leave the country, transfer to another club, and when he eventually comes back, counting will continue on the number when he left the country.

Here is an old FM18 article about this. Even though it is old, most of the values there are still correct
https://www.footballmanagerblog.org/2017/11/football-manager-2018-years-to-gain-eu-nationality.html

usa.thumb.JPG.79688938713f4aec6ad9e4805d09bd18.JPG

so thats not totally correct. its different depending on the player's nationality i believe.

im currently into my 5th season now. my dutch player has yet to get a green card, italian player took 4 years, brazilians took 3 years, moroccan got his during the 4th season, an ecuadorian who was already at the club for 1 year and still hasn't qualified, 

got a spanish player in his 3rd but he has spent all 3 years on loan at american clubs, 

Green Card and Nationality are completely different things. I was in the US for 2 years when I got my green card, but have to wait the 5 years to apply for citizenship.

If they have green cards coded into the game then it makes sense that it takes different times for different players. Different types of visas exist and some people are just able to get it quicker than others. I have friends with the same nationality that took just over a year and some that had to wait 3-4 years, all came to the US on the same type of visa as well.