Showing a right winger on his right foot does also lead to the full back tight marking that winger...

I am currently trying to implement pressing traps with my wide 433. I like the tutorials of BustTheNet and have been following some of his instructions. For instance, the opposition wingers are being tackled hard and shown outside so that they can not cut inside and create overlapping runs for the full backs. However, one thing that I noticed is that this "show onto foot" OI is not only having an impact when the opposition has actually the ball, but also without the ball. I have seen my FBs regularly trying to tight mark the winger and leaving spaces inside. I always thought that this OI is only "activated" once the winger has actually the ball. My fullbacks are already running wider and trying to cover the flank and showing the winger inside before the winger even has received the ball... I am currently collecting some scenes. Anyone else have made similar observations? This is very strange. Either, I have understood the OIs totally wrong or this is a bug...