Fan and board relationships/dynamics

jh_23

Correct me if I'm wrong but at the moment fm22 has board and fan reactions to how the manager is performing as well as chairman status "loves the club" etc. 

I was thinking it could be a good idea to have a more detailed personality of board members and fans and include relationships between them and the manager which could directly influence how a club can be managed and things like that. 

For example (I'm a Leeds fan so I have plenty of examples!) 

Ken Bates:

Tends to: accept offers for valuable players, increase ticket prices, give small transfer budget

Massimo Cellino:

Tends to: sign players without consultation, have little patience with managers, cut costs (could reduce level of training facilities/youth facilities?) 

Negative actions from the board affect fan morale which in turn lead to lower attendances and protests etc. Having a negative relationship with the board doesn't necessarily mean the fans hate you unless they view you as the boards "man". *cough* dave hockaday

Only just thought of this so clearly a very rough idea! Does anyone have any thoughts/improvements/criticisms? 

Thanks

As an Everton fan I agree a richer variety of fanbase pressures could be put in - the ridiculous pantomime that has surrounded our club, board/fan relations, manager searches etc this is year is definitely something that could be shown in-game. Boards don't panic half as much in FM as they do in real life. 

Boards could be swayed more by fan pressure, and certain decisions could have more of an effect on the fanbase and the board - e.g. this year Rafa Benitez alienating the fanbase through isolating James and Digne, sacking all the medical and scouting team etc.

How often on FM do we come into a team, sack all staff and sell players and the fans don't even seem to notice? That would certainly make me nervous as a fan. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...