Raumdeuter vs inside forward with roaming

I am new to this game so bear over with me:)

can anyone explain to me the difference between the inside forward (on attack maybe) and the raumdeuter? When to use either or?

I know the rmd has hard coded moves into channels and roaming, and doesn’t cut inside with(out) the ball? But you can still tick dribble more and take more risks (which the if has hard coded?)

would an inside forward or maybe inverted winger with roaming and move into channels move the same way as a rmd being hard for the defenders to track.. 

just trying to understand the game mechanics and the differences.

An inside forward is basically a wide player that's gonna watch the net and not the byline when he has the ball. The main difference amongst IF and IW is that the first is a scorer, he's gonna dribble and try to get the shots while the second is trying to create like passes or crosses. You can set both to play wide or narrow and that's gonna change a lot how they play. The RMD however just plays as an AF but from a wider starting position. He's not gonna give you width in the final third. 

My tip is to create a career just to try things out with a big club. Set your camera to classic 2D and watch the movements. This is gonna help you a lot.

I think the most important difference is Attributes and movement without the ball. The Inside Forward will generally cut inside WITH the ball, he will try to dribble into the box, make diagonal passes and shoot from that angle (Inverted foot from his position) while the Raumdeuter will do the same WITHOUT the ball, making movements to get in the end of chances and generally not being too interested in the build up phase (That doesn't mean he won't help your team with the ball but his main task will be to find space with his movement). It all depends in the player attributes + PPMs + what you want to achieve with your tactic.

As Andrew said the best definition for the Raumdeuter is of a "Wide Advanced Forward or Poacher" or you could even say a combination between a IF and a Shadow Striker. 

hace 23 horas, Sheyner21 dijo:

I think the most important difference is Attributes and movement without the ball. The Inside Forward will generally cut inside WITH the ball, he will try to dribble into the box, make diagonal passes and shoot from that angle (Inverted foot from his position) while the Raumdeuter will do the same WITHOUT the ball

I don't think this is accurate. The Inside Forward cuts inside without the ball A LOT. This is very noticeable if you pair an IF-A with a lone support striker (TM-S ; F9-S ; DLF-S), as the IF-A will be looking for diagonals behind the defense very often.  What you mention there is the difference bewtween IW and IF

In my experience, the RMD role is an Inside Forward with more freedom to roam and more freedom to do whatever he wants on defense. It may have some hardcoded behavior that isn't obvious from player instructions, but I don't remember seeing an RMD playing different from how a fairly standard IF-S would (I don't really use the role much nowadays though)

Edited by TokyoWanderer

hace 6 horas, TokyoWanderer dijo:

I don't think this is accurate. The Inside Forward cuts inside without the ball A LOT. This is very noticeable if you pair an IF-A with a lone support striker (TM-S ; F9-S ; DLF-S), as the IF-A will be looking for diagonals behind the defense very often.  What you mention there is the difference bewtween IW and IF

In my experience, the RMD role is an Inside Forward with more freedom to roam and more freedom to do whatever he wants on defense. It may have some hardcoded behavior that isn't obvious from player instructions, but I don't remember seeing an RMD playing different from how a fairly standard IF-S would (I don't really use the role much nowadays though)

Thats why i said generally, i think roles and players aren't one dimensional in a sense that a "rule" aplies in all scenarios. I think too that the IF(a) this year attacks the box more without the ball than in other years but in comparison with the Raumdeuter they take more risks with the ball.

This year IF is really different than other years, i personally find the IF(s) much more attacking than before and is why in certain cases i will choose an IW over the IF, but as i said before, the role of the Raumdeuter is nothing if you don't put in perspective the player that you're using there, their attributes (especially the mentals like Anticipation, Off the Ball, Decisions, etc) and their PPM (Move into channels is a great one that i used before for example).

I don't use this role since FM20 so maybe it has changed, so don't take what i say like a rule or anything of the sort.

This is a good thread i liked a couple years ago, you can see different ideas about the RMD.

I think the beauty of the role is how different it is depending in the player that plays there.

Now i really want to start a game and play with it again after a couple years, which players now have you come across that can play well there?

Sorry if something get lost in what i say, english is not my main language :P

Il 8/4/2022 in 17:43 , TokyoWanderer ha scritto:

Depends on how he's setted up tho. An IF with stay wider will create width even thought he could cut inside sometime while  the RMD not. If you set it to stay narrower you'll see him cutting a lot inside the half-space. however remember that a winger with good off the ball will go into that space if the general width is narrow

Edited by Andrew Marines

In essence with fm22 in mind.

IF-cut inside OFTEN without the ball(drifting centrally or diagonally into penalty area)

IW-cut inside OFTEN with the ball.(often drifting into half spaces)

Raumdeuter-basically an IF with poor technicals, dribbling.