IWB(d) and MEZ(A) run into each other... How can I prevent that?

This is not a complaint thread :) Just looking for some ideas and tips on how to prevent scenarios like the one you see below... I am playing a wide 433 and on the left side, I am currently using a combination of IWB(d), IW(s) and MEZ(a). I really dont want to give up the MEZ, as he is my second best goal scorer position. However, it looks like I may have to change some roles on the left side, as the space is not utilized properly. You can see that in counter situations, the IWB and MEZ often try to run into the same space (note: I dont use counter as TI)... Why is my IWB always running forward despite having a defend duty? This could actually solve the issue, when this guy just holds his position...

image.thumb.png.226c6d21db1348c06f5fac209d12e0e5.png

33 minutes ago, Jack722 said:

I've also struggled with iwb and mez on same side.

Not ideal but the positioning was much more effective with CMa and IWB 

Thats what I am currently trying as well. First games look more than promising, I gave my CM roaming and move into channels PIs and lets see how it will look like over a season. 

As I see on the screen, your IW(s) is right now on the flank, so MEZ(a) can't cross the trajectory of IW's movement to the center and have to stay in half-space. IWB is the kind of defender who alway cuts inside and takes his place somewhere near half-space for midfielder. If you still want to use MEZ(a) on the left, I'd recommend FB(s) (if opposing team has two men up front, as it is on the screen) or WB(s). But if you need IWB too then you might think about RMD and forcing overload on the right