League Structure with Multiple Stages

Panopticon

Hello,

I have quite an ambitious project in my mind and I would like to know if what I have in my mind is possible, if so, how.

I would like to create a national league structure that doesn't have 2nd or 3rd tier divisions. Instead, I would like to have all the teams in nation in a single league that is structured like a big tournament. The tournament would have 240 teams and 8 stages. 

The 1st round would be 20 Groups with 12 teams each.  What I basically want is to divide the teams on each round into winners and losers. 240 teams would be divided into 120 winners and 120 losers in Round 2 and those teams would be divided into 60-60-60-60 in Round 3 and so on until I have basically mini leagues that consists of 10 teams that would determine 1st-10th, 11th-20th, 21st-30th, 31st-40th etc.

Without getting into much details, I would like to know if such league structure with multiple stages would be possible. If it is possible, what would be the best way to do it in the editor. I am not much experienced in the editor, but I would say I have the basic understanding of how it works.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance 

Edited by Panopticon

Multiple stage leagues work fine. If no one is relegated, it would be no different than making a cup except for the fact the champion must be marked(not decided, just marked, you can use fate actions to mark someone as champ in another stage) in stage 0. Just use various qualifying fates etc. to drag teams between stages and make sure to properly set up ranking levels.

Could be a bit of a nightmare if you're not familiar with the advanced editor is the warning I'll give you. Maybe make a more simple 3 stage competition(for instance, Scottish Premiership) from scratch first to learn how it works.