Martin Ødegaard as a false 9

**UPDATE FOR THE NEW COMERS**
I update this thread during each game session. You can go to the end right away to see the results.

The main idea of the tactic : using Ødegaard as a F9, creating space for both IF and Mezz-a. Ødegaard has to be THE threat (by giving space, assists and scoring some goals).

IS IT WORKING ? (update 05/05/22) : Yes it is. Won the PL with 11 more points (against City having Haaland and Liverpool having Mbappé). Won the Carabao, the CS and the UCL (4-1 against City). Finalist of the FA cup (0-1 against Liverpool).

Ødegaard stats : in 50 (4) games, 36 goals and 17 assists (32.5 xG).

IF-a stats : Isak (36 (12) games, 22 g, 10 a, 21.69 xG) ; Balogun (12 (32) games, 12 g, 5 a, 10.44 xG) ; Martinelli (18 (17) games, 13 g, 5 a, 10.25 xG)

Mezz-a stats : G. Reyna winter transfer window (29 games, 17 g, 8 a, 12.79 xG) ; Patino (22 (3) games, 4 g, 6 a, 7.04 xG)

Winger-s stats : Saka (40 (9) games, 6 g, 8 a, 7.02 xG) ; Ben yahia/regen (23 (25) games, 7 g, 5 a ; 6.01 xG)

SOLVED PROBLEMS (uptaded 05/05/22) :

1. Ball over the defense/leaking goals from long shots

Solution : Higher D-Line + Untick “Offside trap” + put 1 CB on cover duty

2. Troubles to shoot a lot/score a lot, especially against park the bus tactics (scoring 1 or two goals at most).

Solution : putting my L-WB on Attack.

CURRENT PROBLEMS (uptaded 05/05/22) :

1. Need better players to finish the actions : too many easy goals that were missed (we have two players that are underperforming due to poor finishing and composure + Ødegaard is underperforming, his stats being boosted by penalties. Isak should score more and not be that close to his xG).

2. Manage a good transfer windows

Current version of the tactic (lastly update 05/05/22) :

Révélation

image.thumb.png.b731aa88516ccd9401731206ea26e72e.png

Hey everyone ! I’m starting my 5th season with Arsenal and it’s so far so good (qualified in UCL every year, won it 2 times in a row. Last season : final UCL but lost it, won PL for the First Time).

Martin Ødegaard is my guy since First season. Outstanding performances, great consistency, etc.
I used to have Zapata as a DLF-s/PF-s. He was amazing but started to be old and frequently injured.

I want to give Ødegaard the responsability of a F9. However, I’m afraid to screw my season building a mercato around him.

Do you have any suggestions ? Idea of tactics ?
Here is my starting XI with role and subs

SK-s - Ramsdale (Meslier)
IWB-s (R) - Aarons (Laimer)
CB-d - Lacroix & Gabriel (a new gen & Badiashile)
FB-s (L) - Tierney (Viralmenko)
HB-d - D. Rice (Camavinga)
Carrilero-s (CM R) - Tonali (Fofana)
Mezz-a (CM L) - B. Silva (might put Charlie Patino there, or recruit a wonderkid)
IW-s (AM R) - Saka (have to recruit a wonderkid OR a guy with expérience ready to go on bench)
IF-a (AM L) - Isak (Balogun). Have to say I struggle to make my wingers, especially my IF as my main goal scorer
F9-s - Ødegaard (ESR).

To sum up my style of play : very tiki-taka, very Guardiola. Overall, my players have great technique, passing, vision, first touch. I also have great dribblers (for instance, Saka, Tierney, Isak).
Maybe my main issue is the lack of composure to finish my moves.

image.png

Edited by CKBrahMa

2 hours ago, CKBrahMa said:

Do you have any suggestions ? Idea of tactics ?

Do you only play with one CD? If it's brought you success, fair play :thup:

I think with a F9, it's probably the most supportive striker you can get, I think you could afford to have the right IW on Attack for a bit more goal threat up front 

Have to say I struggle to make my wingers, especially my IF as my main goal scorer

With the F9 that should help him out, just watch the Mezz isn't hindering more than helping. I'm guessing Isak is a pretty good forward so has all the qualities capable for sure   

Maybe my main issue is the lack of composure to finish my moves.

That's also what I experienced when I pick the arsenal, and almost every tactic I made for the arsenal I chose WBIB in possession. for f9 I've never used it but my guess is if your tactics goes well with DLFs then it's likely to work and odegaard really has that attribute

I'm currently using this in my 1st season with some inspiration from Ozil's thread, I've tried Odegaard as an F9 before and he's great, but you're right.. too many chances I find he just doesn't finish.

Fekir has 15 Finishing 17 strength, great playmaking so he's a great option for me as the F9. As it's your 5th season in Fekir's probably a little old now. Pepe and Cedric in photo below are just used as rotation atm, was using Saka and Tomiyasu!

1573656956_Screenshot2022-04-12at13_09_52.thumb.png.d1a45e82f199666d5f850bb806f35939.png

Currently 3rd in PL, unbeaten until losing to Liverpool 2-1 couple games ago!

1635705400_Screenshot2022-04-12at13_14_51.png.3a02c4d54121c3ec4e6ed7eef32c3a20.png

One thing to note, Odegaard hasn't really flourished for me in this set-up, 1 goal (Free Kick) and two assists. Smith-Rowe already has 6 goals 7 assists this season as the pairing mezzala. Tried Odegaard on both left and right CM but not much difference. But it has been very tiki-taka very Guardiola, with a very clear 2-3-5 shape in possession and makes the games enjoying to watch!

1651655339_Screenshot2022-04-12at13_25_51.thumb.png.18b8775534b83e0abe2ad60a580c7f6b.png

If you are going to try Odegaard at the F9 role, I would suggest making sure you have strong finishers for the rest of your attacking force, I find he's a bit inconsistent with them at times.

1814862502_Screenshot2022-04-12at13_39_02.thumb.png.c32cbcb99afd1ab72513a3a358a0b784.png

1770078117_Screenshot2022-04-12at13_40_06.thumb.png.872e619b1b8fbf3973eb17de1d625bbe.png

Joint 3rd best defence in the league, I find that even though the IWBs have roam from position hardcoded, they tend to stay around that CM pocket, and on the counter then quickly track dashing wingers. I think it's important to have someone very physically dominant and a capable passer here, but so far not been an issue apart from one 7-3 result against Brighton, but included an Own Goal and two from central areas between the CB with the WBs in position. I think having collective support duties helps, something I learnt from Ozil, as generally I've not seen any issue with the IWBs on defence, but also because we're very possession dominant.

Edited by hkofficial

Il y a 2 heures, hkofficial a dit :

I'm currently using this in my 1st season with some inspiration from Ozil's thread, I've tried Odegaard as an F9 before and he's great, but you're right.. too many chances I find he just doesn't finish.

Fekir has 15 Finishing 17 strength, great playmaking so he's a great option for me as the F9. As it's your 5th season in Fekir's probably a little old now. Pepe and Cedric in photo below are just used as rotation atm, was using Saka and Tomiyasu!

1573656956_Screenshot2022-04-12at13_09_52.thumb.png.d1a45e82f199666d5f850bb806f35939.png

Currently 3rd in PL, unbeaten until losing to Liverpool 2-1 couple games ago!

1635705400_Screenshot2022-04-12at13_14_51.png.3a02c4d54121c3ec4e6ed7eef32c3a20.png

One thing to note, Odegaard hasn't really flourished for me in this set-up, 1 goal (Free Kick) and two assists. Smith-Rowe already has 6 goals 7 assists this season as the pairing mezzala. Tried Odegaard on both left and right CM but not much difference. But it has been very tiki-taka very Guardiola, with a very clear 2-3-5 shape in possession and makes the games enjoying to watch!

1651655339_Screenshot2022-04-12at13_25_51.thumb.png.18b8775534b83e0abe2ad60a580c7f6b.png

If you are going to try Odegaard at the F9 role, I would suggest making sure you have strong finishers for the rest of your attacking force, I find he's a bit inconsistent with them at times.

Thanks for your post ! Don’t you have a huge width problem with IWB/IW/IF/Mezz adding to the « play through the middle » ? They’re packed + plays in the same area, don’t they ?

sorry, I’m at work, i’ll show you after my idea

5 hours ago, hkofficial said:

1814862502_Screenshot2022-04-12at13_39_02.thumb.png.c32cbcb99afd1ab72513a3a358a0b784.png

1770078117_Screenshot2022-04-12at13_40_06.thumb.png.872e619b1b8fbf3973eb17de1d625bbe.png

Joint 3rd best defence in the league, I find that even though the IWBs have roam from position hardcoded, they tend to stay around that CM pocket, and on the counter then quickly track dashing wingers. I think it's important to have someone very physically dominant and a capable passer here, but so far not been an issue apart from one 7-3 result against Brighton, but included an Own Goal and two from central areas between the CB with the WBs in position. I think having collective support duties helps, something I learnt from Ozil, as generally I've not seen any issue with the IWBs on defence, but also because we're very possession dominant.

How many passes do you achieve averagely?

Im trying to do a Ten Hag system.

image.thumb.png.521c6fd3bd00e1370f29d389dc8faa47.png

Hey back ! Here is the tactic i'm gonna try, with my starting XI. The right WB is going to underlap and cross less often as they're not great at crossing. I'll try both IF-s. Tonali is going to be CM-s with shoot less often. D. Rice is my HB with "Take more risk", playing like a BPD Any opinion ?

Il y a 1 heure, kalongtongan a dit :

there is nothing strange in the latest tactics, give the result after 5-10 games, will you?

I tested it with the BustTheNet’ « Test your Tactic » save, and the results were bad (only first in the Underdog League). I’m gonna tweak it until I have good results and post it there

5 minutes ago, kalongtongan said:

Sorry Off topic, is it a tool? I've never tried it. is there a reference?

Search BustTheNet gaming on YouTube and watch his latest video called "interesting way to test tactic fm22"

14 hours ago, CKBrahMa said:

Hey back ! Here is the tactic i'm gonna try, with my starting XI. The right WB is going to underlap and cross less often as they're not great at crossing. I'll try both IF-s. Tonali is going to be CM-s with shoot less often. D. Rice is my HB with "Take more risk", playing like a BPD Any opinion ?

I think you need Isak on Attack at the very least 

il y a 29 minutes, Johnny Ace a dit :

I still think you need Iask on Attack at the very least 

What do you think of this ? I'm trying on BTN test tactics save : a nightmare to find something that is working

fa9b60058d3024c7e69ca95c88bba6c3.png

il y a 17 minutes, Johnny Ace a dit :

I like your roles and duties @CKBrahMa :thup: Not 100% that you need a HB but it depends on how you want to play 

I think the TI's are a bit Liverpool and may be too much but only you know how good your team is 

Give it a run out :onmehead:

I'm running a sim here : not great so far (4th of the Average league in December)... Maybe should I try a DLP-d instead of the HB, to creat a little more play in the middle ! And maybe switching the carrilero to a roaming playmaker. Maybe should I put shorter passing, normal tempo but with "Dribble Less" ?

Edited by CKBrahMa

31 minutes ago, CKBrahMa said:

I'm running a sim here : not great so far (4th of the Average league in December)... Maybe should I try a DLP-d instead of the HB, to creat a little more play in the middle ! And maybe switching the carrilero to a roaming playmaker. Maybe should I put shorter passing, normal tempo but with "Dribble Less" ?

Worth trying the DLP, I like a HB when I'm really committing the fullbacks and not the CMs

I'd have just a CM(S) if you're changing the CAR(S), there's no need for anything fancy on that side of midfield 

I'd lose the high lines and Attacking mentality for a start myself, but I'm pretty boring :D

26 minutes ago, CKBrahMa said:

Well, not a huge success, i will try with what I said in my previous post

To be fair, unless the DB is edited, I'd expect those teams to be above Napoli  

image.thumb.png.c86acf0756d7e6c77a347a2aae9890de.png

image.thumb.png.a5b0e02ba8d546a99d518ea97d549f09.png

What seems to work :

- great possession (between 50% and 60%, depending on the league)

- great passing (a lot of passes and accurate ones)

- without "Elite league", we are clinical, but not creating a lot of chances.

Problems :

- First one, the huge one : we took way more goals that what we expected (average of 10 more goals per league).

- A lot of defensive actions in our low half, a lot of passes in our high half.

- Troubles to get clinical against the Elite

What i'm going to change :

- Very high line of defense with offside trap

- Remove "prevent GK distribution". We want to get the ball in their half, not ours.

- Switching RMP to a CM-S with "Shoot less often" and "Tackle Harder"

1 hour ago, CKBrahMa said:

- Very high line of defense with offside trap

Why!!??!! :lol:

That's the opposite of what you what to do, surely? Man City, Liverpool, Bayern etc fine, but not Napoli 

How does the tester work? Plays your team and tactic out in 4 leagues all at the same time?

il y a 2 minutes, Johnny Ace a dit :

Why!!??!! :lol:

That's the opposite of what you what to do, surely? Man City, Liverpool, Bayern etc fine, but not Napoli 

How does the tester work? Plays your team and tactic out in 4 leagues all at the same time?

It is the BTN one, yes it test your tactic in 4 leagues : Elite, Average, Balanced, Underdogs

Il y a 19 heures, Johnny Ace a dit :

I'll have to have a look later tonight 

I feel like it’s great when you’re taking a midtable team/subtop team in your main save, but not in my case as I have quite a dominant team for my 5th season.

Funnily i tried my own tactic in this test save and the positions that struggled in the test save are outperforming  significantly in my own team. 

After some tweaks on my own tactic I created a version that performed very well in the test environment, tried it on my own save and conceeded twice in the first 10 minutes.

Hey ! I’m at work but I thought of some final tweaks before taking the leap.

I’ll keep the carrilero. I struggle to have a great use of the CM-s. And, as Zealand said, the Carrilero works in a way of « filling the gap », which is convenient as quite a lot of my players will zone out (IF-a, F9, Mezz-A).

i also keep the HB, helping me to form a back 3 when in possession. I do so because my left WB becomes a CWB (as I assume both Tierney and Myralmenko have the qualities to do so).

So far, in possession, I have the famous 3-2 (being the carrilero and the IWB-s)-5-0/3-2-3-2 (the last 2 being the IF-a and the Mezz-A).

I’ll ask my players to play shorter passing (as we don’t want to loose possession) with a normal/slower tempo (depending if I’m in attacking or positive). As I’ll have 5 people upfront, I add WBIB and « be more creative ».

For transition, I only ask for counter-press, distribute to CB/FB.

When defending : High pressing line (as I have 7 players in their half), Much higher d-line (with off side trap), forcing them inside, triger press often. I’m not sure about preventing GK distribution : I think it’s off (I don’t want Ødegaard to press the GK + it will force the GK to ouf the ball, making us even more vulnerable to pacy counter attack).

Against weaker team : I can up my FB, droping the HB to a CB, dropping Ødegaard to an AMC role and putting 2 strikers to have a 3-4-1-2 (pretty much like France). I think I can also up the tempo if it’s normal to higher.

against Elite team : up the passing to normal, putting tempo to slower. Maybe removing WBIB. In defensive, dropping the d-line to higher/standard and removing off-side trap. Also, removing forcing opposition inside to normal, and maybe asking a more urgent pressing.

any suggestions ? Especialy on width: I can ask narrow with both CWB and W bringing width. But I see 2 problems : the CWB and W can be isolated (which shouldn’t be the case as they have one solution upfront with the Mezz/IF and another one behind with IWB/Carr) + if narrow, I can struggle against packed defense (but here is the use of W and CWB).

with Wide : the W and CWB are less isolated but my passing option are riskier 

Edited by CKBrahMa

il y a 15 minutes, kalongtongan a dit :

I already answered it in the @goku4 thread, I don't know if it works for you. but that's what I do when facing a team that plays gengenpress like Liverpool.

If I understand well, against Elite Team (the one I assume can gegenpress correctly and outplay my team in spite of their skill), you suggest to :

- up the tempo to Higher

- Add « Hold Shape »

- Keeping shorter/normal pass

I will keep that in mind. I kinda of disagree for the tempo. As I understand it, tempo is not « how fast the player will make a decision », but « how fast can we Go to oppenent goal ». Maybe, adding normal tempo + dribble less is a better option. What do you think ?

tempo does not mean playing fast, but thinking quickly to make a decision on who he will pass, hold shape makes your players not in a hurry to counter, tend to choose safe passes towards friends who are better positioned. if you play a slightly slow tempo, your opponent will counterpress quickly and tend to tackle hard on your players.

il y a 2 minutes, kalongtongan a dit :

tempo does not mean playing fast, but thinking quickly to make a decision on who he will pass, hold shape makes your players not in a hurry to counter, tend to choose safe passes towards friends who are better positioned. if you play a slightly slow tempo, your opponent will counterpress quickly and tend to tackle hard on your players.

Are you sure about the definition of tempo ? I dont have FM with me currently, so I can’t check. But, even though i agree that tempo ≠ playing fast, I think i remember that it is like a fuse bomb. The higher the tempo, the quicker you will try to create a chance. 
if you have a screen of the game defining tempo, i would love to retake a look at that

44 minutes ago, CKBrahMa said:

The higher the tempo, the quicker you will try to create a chance. 

That's why the intensity increases because it requires more concentration and decision and more risk to when playing high tempo. and holding shape keeps your players from rushing to counter, wrong passes or throw the ball away, that's what the gengenpressing team wants from your team.
like we see football players when practicing one person chasing the ball, make a press among other players who pass.

Edited by kalongtongan

A quick feedback (as I run some tests yesterday evening, and wont be able to play until Monday).

First, on « Test your tactic” save from BTN :

I manage to win the Average league, finish 2nd on balanced (loosing to Liverpool) and 2nd in Underdog league. The 3 with a GD of 40ish.

I got destroyed in Elite. I guess it’s because this kind of tactic can’t work when you’re the underdog. And, I don’t care too much as in my main save, my Arsenal team never is an underdog (yet, not as frightening as IRL Liverpool, Bayern, City for the big ones etc.).

On my main save

I played 3 friendlies (Bale, Anderlecht and LASK). It went 5-0, 3-0 and 6-1, so far so good.

Few tweaks I made :

- Force opposition inside;

- ask for mixed crossing and no longer low cross only. Indeed, as I have no tall guys in front, I guess the ia is prepared to block my low crosses. In add, mixed cross is helping us to switch wing to wing when there is no more space in the box (especially with long crosses)

- PI’s for CB : stay wider (when team as possession) It helps the build up when the HB drops between them. It can be dangerous if we loose the ball  before the HB had the time to drop, but let’s be honest : with a much higher D-line, I’m f*cked anyways if I loose the ball there.

We had quite a lot of shots on target, except against Anderlecht who played defensive. Very few shots against (something like 7 over the 3 games). A possession between 57% and 63%. Ødegaard manage to be a threat by his creation, assists or key passes. He did manage to score a couple of goals. However, his lack of pace is a problem, especially when he makes one-two’s with the Mezz… However, his finishing isn’t an issue currently, as he has very easy goal to score.

One of the very good point is Isak : he’s a beast (4 goals out of 6 during last game). It works very well with F9, Mezz and CWB.

Few problems I saw watching those 3 games :

- both winger and CWB happened to be isolated sometimes (the Mezz/IWB or the IF/Carr not offering good passing options). Not a big issue currently, as most of the times, we get a good cross, a corner or win back the ball after opponents oof the ball. I will have to be careful against better teams…

- The Mezz-a, the IWB-s and the W-s appear to evolve in the same area, while I was thinking that the Mezz would go further forward quicker… It can slow down the build up. Nevertheless, when we lost the ball there, we have 2 guys ready to jump to take it back !

I will keep you updated, especially against a better team or/and a gegenpressing one !

Hey ! As I’m in holiday, I still not try my tweaks, but I thought of other ones :

1) asking Ødegaard to “Roam from position”

As I said, Ødegaard was pretty good as a False 9, even though he’s not the best goalscorer (lack of pace and finishing). Therefore, he’s more of a creator rather than a finisher. Futhermore, IRL, Ødegaard likes to drop deeper to help his teamates build up the play. 
This is the reason I will ask him to roam from his 9 position. If CD follow him to close down space, he will have 3 options in a position where he has his back to the play :

- the safest/possession one : passing the ball to Tonali/Carrilero or Aaron’s/IWB. Both facing the game, they will have space to pass it to the Mezz or the IF

- the creative one : passing it straight to the Mezz or the IF. It might be the hardest option but due to his quality, especially in passing skills, he can pull this off

- the skilled one : due to his dribbling skills, he might pass the CD following him. If he succeed, he has an open space to run into and/or to pass the ball to the Mezz/IF. If he failed, we have both IWB and Carillero to jump and help.

if the CD don’t follow him, he has an open space to play into.

In addition, roaming will create more space for the Mezz and the IF.

2) Pressing :

As I read in this forum, I will ask my wide players to close down more. Also, I will ask my players to push the oppenent FB inside and the opponent wingers outside. To finish, tackle harder on the low braved ones

Le 12/04/2022 à 23:13, CKBrahMa a dit :

image.thumb.png.521c6fd3bd00e1370f29d389dc8faa47.png

Here is my starting eleven, but not the same tactic (as I explain it, I’m on holiday without FM).

I will post it with the right tactic when I come back

So, here is the first results :

image.thumb.png.a60c74dbc3f6a6f465bad7bb33321eba.png

image.thumb.png.4de264510d964cfa409c1cca369ce88c.png

Winning all my friendlies, espacially against Monaco who is quite a client !

Winning the CS against City 2-1 (one penalty early from Haaland... and 2 wonderful goals from Isak).

Destroying Crystal Palace in an away game 5-2, Ødegaard scoring 2 goals and giving 2 assists, finishing the game with a wondefull 10/10 !

In friendlies, CS and against Crystal Palace (and there 2 goals went from situations as follows), all the opponents clear chances came from long ball behind defense. I put defense on normal and not forcing opponent inside, and lower the D-line to Higher and not "Much higher". If its not enough, I will unitck "Offside trap" and put Lacroix as a CB-cover.

Edited by CKBrahMa

** NEW UPDATE ** :

First match of the day :

Révélation

image.thumb.png.e32e8fd2aa50783c1baed990680b9bc8.png

Stunning win against Man City for the 2nd day of the PL ! Wonderful hatrick from Balogun after being down 1-0 following a screamer from the monster Haaland. Ødegaard finishes with 1 assist and 3 key passes. A part from xG, we have better stats. With CS, we're up 5-2 against City.

Match #2 : Leaking goals

Révélation

image.thumb.png.57eb2744f20d81fe3812986bd067bd43.png

We took the draw, but boy, 3 goals conceded, 3 long shots. I will drop the offside trap, remove « prevent GK distribution », and have a defender on cover. If anyone as any idea of how I can solve this problem (4 goals from long shot/ball on top of my defensive line), you got my attention.

Ødegaard did a great performance scoring one goal, giving and assist and 4 key passes.

After 3 days, I’m at the top of the PL.

Edited by CKBrahMa

** NEW UPDATE ** :

First match of the day :

Révélation

image.thumb.png.e27539981ee76d1e2920953d3c158767.png

Easy win against Swansea, that's spend more than a half-time with 10 players. I rotate my squad after the International break and resting my main players before UCL game against Ajax. I also bought a old Koulibaly to rotate. Swansea played a back 3, very defensive and a lot of tackles (6 yellow cards !). I guess I should have go wider rather than narrow. They only shot twice, which could lead to a better defensive tactic.

I may add the « Prevent GK distribution » again as I have now a CD on cover in case of direct long ball to opponent’s stricker. Furthermore, I tried to add « hold position » to the right winger to keep the width (as the winger seems to go inside a bit too early)

2nd match : first game of UCL against Ajax (A)

Révélation

image.thumb.png.18cbf85ec28cc62827b55b7b2718fbb2.png

Another 2-0 win, being very on the defense aspect (only 3 shots conceded, 0 on target). On the other hand, we had some decent shots without having so much goals. We should have won 3/4-0... Odegaard got injured (4 days) and got subbed early.

3rd match : Few spaces, did suffer, still win. West Ham (A) 0-2

Révélation

image.thumb.png.f39fd5f895c196da5b7e06ec4fab0489.png

It was harder to defend there. But still a clean sheet.

4th match : A disappointing win for the B-Team

Révélation

CANT UPLOAD

Edited by CKBrahMa

Il y a 1 heure, kalongtongan a dit :

what is saka's rating like as winger support, can you show me? I'm very curious.

image.thumb.png.ee73864b391ca1719b973b8deaf74143.png

Not that great, but he brings widht so i guess it's ok

Edited by CKBrahMa

image.thumb.png.6eb48338a145285fa797a96fd70e077d.png

Can someone help me "increase" Alexander Isak ? I'm playing him as an IF-A. He has the attributes for, but, as you can see, he has really poor stat (only 1 goal for 3.49 xG). I am wondering if i dont have to sell him...

I would play him as a Inverted Winger on attack maybe? Use more of his flair and vision while still getting in the box (You can also train the "Try To Beat The Offside Trap" PPM if he doesn't have it so he is more offensive with his runs)