Russia (or how to go back to 22.3)

Hello, 

The last patch has excluded russian clubs and Russia from international competitions. For all the realistic purposes of that change, I don't believe it will be a lasting one, and I'd like them back.

How can I roll back to 22.3? It seems to be the only solution to this issue. 

P.S1: Starting a save with 22.3 database doesn't solve the issue, they are excluded no matter the database, and in older saves, they qualify but don't play at home

P.S2: I don't want this topic to be a debate about Putin actions and the war in Ukraine. That is not the issue here, so, please, don't. 

Le 18/04/2022 à 18:49, flpmrn a dit :

Hello, 

The last patch has excluded russian clubs and Russia from international competitions. For all the realistic purposes of that change, I don't believe it will be a lasting one, and I'd like them back.

How can I roll back to 22.3? It seems to be the only solution to this issue. 

P.S1: Starting a save with 22.3 database doesn't solve the issue, they are excluded no matter the database, and in older saves, they qualify but don't play at home

P.S2: I don't want this topic to be a debate about Putin actions and the war in Ukraine. That is not the issue here, so, please, don't. 

You should ask someone who started a game with 22.1 or 22.3 before SI updated FM22. I have one if you want, but I don't know if it's possible to come back to 2021/2022.

Il y a 2 heures, phantombandit a dit :

Cant you just use the pre game editor to make them a valid country to play again?

It should be possible but it's necessary to edit a lot of competitions : the European cups, World Cup, Euro, Nations League, Youth competitions ...

On 18/04/2022 at 18:13, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

I've a pc that has FM22 on it that was last switched on before the war in Ukraine began. So I'll have files that haven't been updated from steam, BUT I wouldn't know what ones to use and what to do with them.

any chance you could upload the entire fm22 folder steamapps\common\Football Manager 2022 as a rar or zip file and share the link?

• 2 months later...
Il 19/4/2022 in 07:03 , rusty217 ha scritto:

I've been in offline mode ever since the update. My FM PC is my secondary PC anyway, so it was basically in offline mode all the time before the update too. But yeah, that's my way around it at least.

Hello. I have edited for months Russia and all former USSR republics competitions. I just finished and was ready to play....and I found out that SI spoiled everything. I purchase CM and FM since 1995....am really very, very disappointed. 

I managed to understand which files you should copy and paste. And I know what to delete to have clubs back in Europea competitions but I cannot manage to bring back National team in comps. As I said, I think I know which file should be copied.

I really would appreciate any help. 

Il 18/4/2022 in 19:13 , \'Appy \'Ammer ha scritto:

I've a pc that has FM22 on it that was last switched on before the war in Ukraine began. So I'll have files that haven't been updated from steam, BUT I wouldn't know what ones to use and what to do with them.

I can  tell you what you can pass us. Could you help?

It should be possible creating a new nation. Pick up all objects (teams, cities, regions, weather, persons, divisions etc) belonging to Russia and mass edit them Russia -> new nation. Then edit the name of this new nation as Russia o Russian Federation and it should work.

I am playing one of my older saves at the moment, Russia have to play at neutral stadiums in UCL and internationals, they also appear to be getting nerfed out of existence, I just turned over their best club in the UCL qualifiers with a bargain basement team. Their world ranking is also going down the toilet.

For all of you, who would like to use database 22.3 or even earlier - you can choose the database version when starting a new game.

I wanted to use some mods with new playable leagues and/or lower leagues. Those supported only 22.1 database. It works!

So, when you are starting a new game, push 'Start a new game', then 'Career', and you get 'Career game setup' window in front of you. In upper right corner there is button 'Database', which opens a new smaller window.

Upmost pull down menu lets you to choose your database. I have there 22.4.0 Update, 22.3.0 Update and Default,which means version 22.1.0. In that same smaller window you can also activate mods that have been loaded.