Player value and scouting arrangements

Hi, two quick questions.

My scouts are really ineffective. They are generating soooo few scout reports. Especially my youngster scouting. I had a much better experience when i was a 2nd Bundesliga team and was onlyallowed to scout europe. All my scouts are scouting 4 countries within one scouting region with max age 21 and potential ability is at least excellent. My playing level has not gone up significantly, yet my scouts don't find anyone. THey are also not getting any more knowledge of the countries they are scouting. For instance, this guy has been one of my scouts for a few years doing Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary and Serbia:

image.png.76901e21d3d6fb30fc869175bd802622.png

He is not perfect, but he was ablke to find me 4 players that are currently in my team. But for the last 8-10 months, nothing. This guy hasn't found a single person yet since i put him into french speaking west african countries:

image.png.d98b59dbeaab8b1df85efea8076c9ce5.png

This guy is in Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Switzerland, nothing.

image.png.9e911dc1a094ca1d5ceec2f86f16cd0d.png

There should be a lot of players capable of improving my squad, yet my scouts don't find any... The ones i get, i get by checking top 50 wonderkids and national teams and manually scouting some of those that seem to be cheap and interested. Which has given me this guy:

image.thumb.png.18994096d1e519e2718920357c2b14c4.png

I love him obiously, but i don't really get, why he is worth 70 million. His PA is Bundesliga standard player, he has huge holes in his game, When i bought him for 2.3 million from the israeli league i was very happy when he decided do come to me over some very high prestige clubs and when i saw that he wanted a 77 million release clause, i didn't know what had hit me. Why is the game valueing him so high?

The more restrictions you add, the fewer players you're likely to pick up. It is frustrating, though. On your 70m player, I've noticed that FM seems to value those green numbers, irrespective of what exactly are, but your guy has four of them, and all highly desirable ones. He's pretty slow, though.

FM stupidly overvalues talent at times, so your young gun with PA to improve often gets rated absurdly high. In one of my journeyman saves I had a free agent from China join me that my DOF must've signed when he was 16 or something as I was never actually involved in the deal. His value instantly was 100m+. A random youngster (very talented mind you, so surprisingly good pick up from the DOF) from China that nobody ever heard of is instantly valued 100m+ after joining a subtop Eredivisie club...

As for your scouting assignments, just lower your requirements as already pointed out. I generally stick to the basic hot prospect assignment (which is only good talent level) and my scouts find plenty of talent. Not to mention that some of the countries you're scouting in are hardly the biggest producers of talent, so finding excellent level talent as a Bundesliga club is rather unlikely.

One of the issues is probably, that, it is super easy to have a very good BWM(De). I dunno, i will take the money. But the thing is, i expeceted this guy to have a higher potential. He is as 4 yellow 1 withe star potential as the rest of my young players. Which equates to decent or good bundesliga player for all of them. No idea.

Edited by Broetchenholer