Does anyone else here ever do a reverse Bayern Munich?

It's when you sell your worst players to your close rivals, thereby weakening them while enriching yourself.

I did it quite frequently in my previous save; Everton was particularly susceptible (not surprising). I'm in the Bundesliga this time so I think this time I'm gonna see if Schalke will take the bait.

I have never sold my worst players to rivals, they either wont buy them, or atleast they wont play them over their better players. However, I wont sell good players to teams that I feel threatened by, and I have poached key players from said teams, even if I am not actually going to play them.

Edited by phantombandit

I never sell to rivals, but in my long term saves it has often happened that players play extremely well in my team despite them having rather mediocre attributes and balanced personality. Because I play my long term save youth only (Ajax, Eredivisie), I often have to give those players a chance in the first team and they perform well enough (because of my tactics, team talks etc.) and so some Premier League club or other big European giants are willing to offer around £30-50m for them, so I sell and almost always those players will flop in the big teams and big leagues - sitting on a bench for a year, spending another year on loan somewhere and before their initial contract runs out they find themselves a couple of leagues lower, sold for a fee around 1/3 that their clubs initially paid me.

And probably before they're 30 they return to Eredivisie - mark of a failed career. Often they join PSV or Feyenoord (our fierce rivals), but if you'd think that it's a huge problem, then no - those players have gone 3-5 years without consistent first team football and are mere shadows of what they were when they were still in Ajax. But because they come from bigger leagues their salaries are still huge and they take a decent chunk of our rivals' wage budget.

So, in a way we're making our rivals weaker, but it's a long game.