Fm22 Editor very slow

fm2020lva

I am trying to create an empty database to play with regens only and deleting players has been a nightmare with the fm22 editor, i did the same thing with fm21 editor and it was very fast compared to 22, is there a config or settings that can help fasten things up

Moved to main Editors Forum (no download).

Just a check, did you delete everyone, or did you save in between?

My experience with FM20, 21 and 22, is that when you save in between the file will suddenly notice the amount of edits and become a lot slower. If you delete and don't save, it stays (relatively) quick.

No tricks to speed this up, other than the edit first, then save trick.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm experiencing the exact same issue trying to do the exact same thing. It has got to the point now where it is taking over 5 minutes to delete 500 records.

I've written an app to refresh the screen, select all records and delete them, so I'm letting it do its thing. But, I wouldn't be surprised to find it still deleting records in the morning.

I can try the suggestion above as a test and see if it solves the issue. 

Edited by DementedHammer

I can confirm that not saving the file seems to resolve the issue. I've already caught up to my previous point. 

I'll log a bug for the performance issue after saving when I get a spare moment, so that it can hopefully be resolved for FM 23.

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/05/2022 at 05:03, DementedHammer said:

I can confirm that not saving the file seems to resolve the issue. I've already caught up to my previous point. 

I'll log a bug for the performance issue after saving when I get a spare moment, so that it can hopefully be resolved for FM 23.

So, to confirm, if you open the editor and load in the most recent database, as long as you do not "Save Editor Data As..." until after you make the desired changes, it'll run quicker? How fast are we talking? 

There was no noticeable slow down. In fact, as I was deleting records from the database, the performance improved the more records I removed. 

Let's say the difference was 5 minutes to delete 500 records vs 15 seconds. 

Edited by DementedHammer

15 hours ago, DementedHammer said:

There was no noticeable slow down. In fact, as I was deleting records from the database, the performance improved the more records I removed. 

Let's say the difference was 5 minutes to delete 500 records vs 15 seconds. 

Interesting. You said you were also using a script to automate this. What language were you using?

I just wrote something quickly in C# to automate the keyboard and the mouse clicks, and use the screen pixel colours to determine when to click the delete button or select a row of text. It wasn't particularly advanced, but it did the job and I woke up to an empty database with all persons deleted (except for a few retired players that seemed impossible to delete).  

Edited by DementedHammer

• 2 months later...