Keeper hoofing the ball for no reason.

Here is a gif portraying what I meant : https://imgur.com/a/HYSC7Ay

That is something I've seen happen a lot, and it really shouldn't happen. Regardless of the outcome, I don't want him to do that.

I use Play out of defence TI and also Shorter Passing. He has like 5 passing options. Number 29 is unmarked and is playing as a DLP on defend duty. Striker is an AF, not a Targetman. My goalkeeper has 15 decisions and is familiar with the tactic. Why is he doing this ? Is this expected sometimes, players will just disobey instructions or is this some kind of bug ? I'm going to try with the "Take less Risks" PI but I mean it feels like I shouldn't need it.

There is always a certain amount of creative freedom for players to make their own decision.

however, AF is quite a direct role and it would be interesting to see if this does also happen to a DLF for example.

but yeah, he properbly shouldn’t do that.

I feel its to do with the role of AF. I kept using an AF in my lower league Stockport County game and it would happen quite a bit even though my team was instructed to play out of defence, distribute to FB or CD and use shorter passing like your using.

I didnt mind it so much because the AF was a speedster compared to players in that league so I gained maybe 10 extra goals in the season with that long ball to him. No other players except the keeper did the long ball either.

Next season he was sold and I went to a player using a CFs role. Didnt see that long ball anywhere near as much.

hace 3 horas, CARRERA dijo:

There is always a certain amount of creative freedom for players to make their own decision.

however, AF is quite a direct role and it would be interesting to see if this does also happen to a DLF for example.

but yeah, he properbly shouldn’t do that.

This is true, almost every team one of my defenders hoofs the ball forward an AF in my tactic is involved

Yes, I did play it as a Sweeper Keeper but he was on Defend duty so he didn't have the take more risky passes PI. But I will switch him to a regular keeper and see if this helps.

Also it's interesting that you guys noted the same thing while using AF, since i'm using the AF role pretty much in all my saves and i've noticed this happening a lot. I am also using the Pass Into Space TI, so maybe he just bypassed the possession instructions and try to pass into space for the AF but it was a bad pass. Maybe I should give him more creative freedom so his good Decisions (15) attribute will allow him to naturally override any TI that will make him chose a bad option ? Not sure.

In any case this gave me much things to try out !

Take Fewer Risks will make the defense (or Goalkeeper) to hoof the ball forward, because concede the ball in opp. half is way less risky from giving the ball to your own half (and opp. have higher chance to create a damage).

Your No.29 isn't completely free, because opp. is close to him. Play Out of Defense is about the passing range from your defense, not if your GK will hoof the ball. In your example, I would add TI: Distribute to Flanks or Specific Player (like No.39 or No.32). 

Edited by fc.cadoni

My GK is a sweeper keeper (support), my striker is PF(a)  or CF(a). Team instructions: play out of defence, slow pace down, distribute to full backs. I wouldn't say "it happens a lot", but I see the occasional highlight showing my 'keeper kicking the ball long for no reason.

21 hours ago, Fatkidscantjump said:

Here is a gif portraying what I meant : https://imgur.com/a/HYSC7Ay

That is something I've seen happen a lot, and it really shouldn't happen. Regardless of the outcome, I don't want him to do that.

I use Play out of defence TI and also Shorter Passing. He has like 5 passing options. Number 29 is unmarked and is playing as a DLP on defend duty. Striker is an AF, not a Targetman. My goalkeeper has 15 decisions and is familiar with the tactic. Why is he doing this ? Is this expected sometimes, players will just disobey instructions or is this some kind of bug ? I'm going to try with the "Take less Risks" PI but I mean it feels like I shouldn't need it.

could you post a screenshot of what tactics you are using ?

It was something along those lines https://imgur.com/a/bvW1Raj. I'm not using it anymore.

TIs were Pass Into Space, Play out of Defence, Shorter Passing, Higher Tempo, Lower LOE / DL. I was trying to go for some kind of deep build up play that will then go forward in a few passes. While it did produce some goals just like I wanted,for example this one https://imgur.com/a/KRkx1K8, it was inconsistent and overall produced a low amount of XG so I scratched it.