[FM 22] From Kettering to North London

gggfunk

Hi,

I was going to write about my save where I played 4 managers at once, but due to lack of time playing this way simply became too much for me and I dropped this save. Also, I was already in half of the 2nd season there so writing about this wasn't that fun. Therefore, I've decided to start a new save where I have just one manager.

I have selected 19 leagues from 12 countries, with small database. No editor files.

Save idea

I must say I've been inspired by @BoxToBoxFM and his Journeyman save which I really enjoy reading, so my story will probably have some similar elements. However, I didn't want to start unemployed and get a random club job, so I was looking for a team from the lowest English division which could be in my reach. My choice was Kettering Town F.C.

0.png

Why Kettering?

I saw on their kits that they are sponsored by Logistics People, and as I work in logistics I thought it could add some realistic background to my story.

The goals

I want this save to be as realistic as possible. I want to have a proper managerial career. I start in 6th tier of English football as 29 years old, and I want to work until I'm like 70. I want to climb the ladder of football world, so I will be moving to other clubs, but I do want to win something with all the teams I manage. Also, each of the decisions I make will be based on what I'd do in real life, for instance I will pay attention to my wages, to a city the club is situated, etc.

The ultimate goal

My ultimate goal, however, will be to eventually get a job in my favorite club Arsenal London and become the club's legend.

---------

So, let's start...

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by gggfunk

UPDATE NO. 1

2021/22 - KETTERING TOWN F.C.

In July we were focused on playing friendlies and getting to know our main tactic, which relies on Gegenpress style with Positive mentality.

tactic.jpg

The results were mixed...

Friendlies.jpg

... same as first 5 league games. The most disappointing result was the opening game where we were leading 2-0 until like 75 minute, but the rivals managed to get a draw. However, we are still undefeated and we sit on promising 4th place, so I consider this as a good start.

first-5-games.jpg

tabela.jpg

UPDATE NO. 2

2021/22 NOVEMBER - KETTERING TOWN F.C.

September and October went surprisingly well, I even received my first ever managerial award! I was the best manager of Vanarama National League North in September!

6.jpg

My boss was very happy too!

7.jpg

We are the only team that wasn't defeated yet, I couldn't really imagine better start of the season.

4.jpg

5.jpg

Given the fact I'm doing so well I asked the board if they could finance my first coaching course, and they agreed.

8.jpg

Edited by gggfunk

UPDATE NO. 3

2021/22 DECEMBER - KETTERING TOWN F.C.

------------------------------------------

FA CUP DREAM IS OVER...

The board's expectations for FA Cup this season was to reach the 4th qualifying round, but we managed to go to a bit further, namely to the main 1st round. Although our rivals were a League Two side Barrow, I was still hoping we have a chance. However, they managed to beat us 3-1. I was happy with our performance anyway, especially with the 2nd half where we created many goal chances but we were just unlucky.

1.jpg

Then, we had an outstanding performance against league leaders York. The game changer was again Decarrey Sheriff, our best player this season, who's already scored 16 goals in 15 league appearances.

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

In the meantime, we have also been eliminated from FA Trophy, but I am not too concerned by this as I want to fully focus on the league now, given the fact we do so well in there. I put most of my best players on the bench here so they can get some rest.

3.jpg

Below full list of our November games and the league table on 01/12/2021. Can't believe we are still unbeaten!

6.jpg

7.jpg

Love this!!! Very cool that my way of playing FM has inspired this save, I’ve never actually read a save from someone playing in the same way so will be following this one closely!

UPDATE NO. 4

2021/22 JANUARY - KETTERING TOWN F.C.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OUR 18 UNBEATEN GAMES RUN HAS ENDED...

1.jpg

Still, the very next day the board surprised me with offer to extend my contract!

2.jpg

During negotiations I asked for contract length until 30/06/2024, but their final deal was until 30/06/2023. Obviously I agreed. I didn't even ask for a pay rise as I'm aware how limited the club's budget is, so I will be still earning 4.1k euro per month.

3.jpg

The rest of January results were mixed, but due to poor form of our rivals we are sitting on the top of the league! I still really don't believe we can win the league, but I'm starting to seriously think about getting into play-offs!

4.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by gggfunk

UPDATE NO. 5

2021/22 MARCH - KETTERING TOWN F.C.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In February our performances were quiet disappointing as we managed to get only 1 win in 5 games. Surprisingly, we still maintained the 1st place in the league table as our rivals have been on a bumpy run as well.

Wait, I must show off that I've just finished my first coaching course ever!

natC.jpg

In March, media started talking about possible takeover of our club. At first I didn't really believe these rumors but then it actually turned out to be truth!

change2.jpg

change3.jpg

I was a bit worried if this may have an impact on my future, but the new owners don't predict any bigger changes in the club's structure for now.

When they said about calculating new transfer budget I was hoping that finally I would be able to sign some players, but the transfer budget is still 0 and the wage budget remains on minus.

change4.jpg

budget.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIXTURES & TABLE - 10 GAMES TO GO!

32 matches behind us and we still on the top of the league, who would expect this? When I took this job, all I hoped for was to avoid relegation battle... crazy!

Nevertheless, I put no pressure on my players to win the promotion, but saying that I don't dream about this would simply be a lie. However, the situation in the table is tense and our form has not been very good lately, so we may as well finish outside of the play-offs. So, for now I set my goal just to finish in the top 7.

wyniki.jpg

tabela.jpg

16 minutes ago, itsCaasi said:

I'm going to follow this to see what clubs you go to and such, end goal is bit conflicting with me because I'm a Tottenham supporter :lol:

Thanks! I cannot wait to see myself how my career path will look like, and don't worry, there are plenty of years before I can even dream of getting the Arsenal job 😄

2021/22 APRIL - KETTERING TOWN F.C.

OUR FIRST YOUTH INTAKE - GOLDEN GENERATION?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the end of the month Luke Graham, our HOYD, sent me assessment of our annual youth intake. To my delight, he said it looks like we have a golden generation there, with two players described as "elite talents" - Aaron Morris and Daniel Roberts.

Especially Morris looks promising, although I'm a bit worried about his finishing skills. The two guys will definitely get some playing time in the next season and we'll see how they can improve.
youth-intake.jpg

morris.jpg

roberts.jpg

Our last three games got us only 3 points as we draw all of them. I feel bad for not winning against Hereford and Chorley, who are our direct rivals for the promotion, as we were much better in these games and should've scored something. However, we were lucky in the 3rd game as Southport were leading 2-0 but we still managed to get a draw. I'm not very optimistic about the last 7 games as our form has been very poor lately, we won only 1 of our last 9 games. We must improve as now we got only 4 points more than 8th Gloucester, and finishing outside of the play-offs would be a strong disappointment after so fantastic season.

fixt.jpg

table.jpg

Edited by gggfunk

2021/22 MAY - KETTERING TOWN F.C.

REGULAR SEASON ENDED

------------------------------------------

LASTFIXT.jpg

Like I said before, I was worried about the final 7 games as our form was quiet poor recently. Happily, we improved and finally won the first game against Farsley, and then beat Gloucester. These two wins pretty much secured our spot in the playoffs so I was relieved, but then we had an unlucky defeat against Kidderminster where we were much better team in overall. The next match was supposed to be a tough one as Gateshead were still fighting for 7th position, but it turned out to be an easy win, similarly to the game against Fylde. With two games to go, we were 2nd with just 1 point loss to Boston. They didn't get 3 points in their game so if we had won vs Alfreton we would be at the top before the final game. Unfortunately, it was one of our worse performance this season and we lost 0-2 after two penalties...

In the last game we had to beat Curzon, the weakest team in the league, and counted that Boston doesn't win their game. We did our part, but they did too, meaning we finished 2nd.
I cannot really complain as nobody would predict us to finish that high, plus we don't have to take part in the 1st round of the playoffs, but we were so close to winning the league that I kind of feel unsatisfied.

tabbbb.jpg

2021/22 MAY- KETTERING TOWN F.C.

THE SEASON IS OVER
-------------------------------------------

In the semi-final of the playoffs we faced York and I was expecting a hard game, considering they were a front-runner to win the league in the first place. We started very good and thanks to shots from Lauric Diakiesse and Callum Stead after 1st half we were already leading 2-0. In the 2nd half we controlled the game and the score didn't change. After what I saw here, I was very optimistic about the final at Wembley against AFC Telford!

baraze1.jpg

The final game also started well, we created many chances in the first 30 minutes. Similarly to the previous game, we could have also scored twice in the 1st half as Decarrey Sheriff hit the post and Connor Kennedy scored a goal from a minimal offside.
The opponent didn't even leave his side before 39th minute when they conducted a counter-attack and got a corner. Unlucky for us, the corner ended with a goal.
In the 2nd half we were pushing to get even, we had several chances, but Telford's goalkeeper was in a great form and saved everything! The game ended shortly after our defender Connor Barret was given his 2nd yellow card for a foul.

This result means that despite our great performance this season and losing only 1 point to the league winners, we are staying in the National League North. We are obviously very disappointed, but on the other hand, we cannot wait for the next season to confirm our high aspirations and this time, who knows, maybe even win the league!

barazefinal.jpg

barazefinal2.jpg

2021/22 MAY/JUNE - KETTERING TOWN F.C.

SUMMARY OF THE 2021/22 CAMPAIGN
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another takeover?

To my surprise, just a couple of days after the lost final I read this message. It seems we will have new owners for the 2nd time in just a 6 months range. I'm asking myself - is it normal? Maybe the current chairmen just counted for the fast promotion when he bought the club in February and now, as we are still in the 6th tier, he doesn't need the club anymore...?

1prezes.jpg

Momentsto-Remember.jpg

records.jpg

3best11.jpg

sheriff.jpg