Relative playerratings and reactions for difficult/easy games

Broetchenholer

So, after 6 seasons playing in 3 different leagues one of the things that bugs me the most are games against clear favourites. Like playing as the newly promoted team against Bayern. The game recognizes to some extent, that you should expect to be completely dominated, but in other aspects, it completely ignores that fact.

To me, most problematic are the player ratings. If i get dominated 4:0 by Bayern and end the match with 0.3 xG and two shots on goal with a team that earns 24m p/a, i would say the players did not necessarily play bad. Yet, my players dip into 5.9 territory like in games against underdogs were we should be winning. Are they now terrible? Should i yell at them? Everytime in this scenario, i am looking at the full-time teamtalk thinking i am doing russian roulette here. "You gave it your all, well done." was what i took last time, and my 5.9 players were unhappy:

image.thumb.png.ccec0a0393629fe0a56a68ee768ea6a9.png

So then i had to yell at them, and now they are okayish. The game does not differentiate between a player being absolutely not up for a normal challenge and being constantly overrun by a worldclass player. But the players do have different expectations for the game and will want to have them be addressed, the coach just has to guess where exactly those expectations are. If we would get more of an indicator how they themselves rate their performance, that would be great.

A more minor issue are the press conferences and questions for those games, they are just awful. The most beloved question is always "why did you not take player x from the field?" That's usually a really stupid question in every interview that it is asked, when you have 5 people all at 6.0 or lower, it hurts my brain. The few questions that are somewhat addressing a strong difference in capabilities are not enough. This shows in the third league playing the fa cup against a Championsleague team and you get the same questions as playing against the favourite to win promotion in your league. Or the question why you have a negative streak against Coach XY when he has trained Bayern and you have trained a random third league team that got seeded a third time against them... It's minor things like this that make it hard to take seriously.

Like, seriously, what is this? Next season, next match against ****ing Bayern, 250 million player salary difference:

image.thumb.png.b3ac7534af462009dbb8638be2671a0f.png

image.png.b178d15c173c64b846a8102a43974d63.png

Bayern got the luckiest win against my team ever. We were not finishing well and they managed to get two goals from crosses and a penalty. They were objectively the worse team. And my Team felt like they underperformed and needed to be yelled at?!?! What?

• 5 months later...